Motobecane E-Mulekick

johngervais

Region
USA
I just purchased a Motobecane E-mulekick electric bike. With a Bafang M800 electric mid drive. Rode it for 12 miles everything worked great. Now The only thing that works is the display. I can't change the pedal assist modes from 1-5 and the pedal assist does not work. I was able to get into the codes and it does have an error code of 25 which shows to be a torque sensor. Bikes Direct and Bafang have not been real supportive other then e-mailing a manual although the manual does not tell me here the torque sensor is located. Does anyone have any ideas?

ElevenAD

send it back and get a new bike! if its a new bike that worked for 12 miles return,return,return!

Catalyzt

Region
USA
Sorry if this is something you already tried, but is your foot on the pedal when you turn on the bike?

My Motobecane has a totally different system-- Shimano E5000-- but if I have any pressure at all on the pedal when I boot up the bike, it throws an error code, and it's basically like riding a 46-pound bike with no motor.

Freaked me right out the first time it happened. Make sure you are booting the bike without touching the pedals, or even leaning them against your leg. The torque sensor needs to initialize.

I hope that's the problem and not something more serious!