Motor noise and starting delay.

Joro

Region
USA
Hi, this seems like it could be a great resource, here's what I'm experiencing with my brand new Breeze. When starting out with pedal assist on a 1 or 2, the motor makes a awful grating noise and the pedal assist, or throttle, don't provide any power. I'll stop and restart, once or twice, then works fine.
Is there a certain way I'm supposed to start out? I'm just powering up by pressing "M" , then getting on and pedalling.
BTW - When FedEx delivered it:
1. they didn't require a signature and
2. the box was heavily damaged.

Attachments

• 20210615_143939.jpg
    20210615_143939.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 47

Timpo

So is this the bike you have?

Looks like it has geared hub drive?

Timpo

Hi, this seems like it could be a great resource, here's what I'm experiencing with my brand new Breeze. When starting out with pedal assist on a 1 or 2, the motor makes a awful grating noise and the pedal assist, or throttle, don't provide any power. I'll stop and restart, once or twice, then works fine.
Is there a certain way I'm supposed to start out? I'm just powering up by pressing "M" , then getting on and pedalling.
BTW - When FedEx delivered it:
1. they didn't require a signature and
2. the box was heavily damaged.
Okay so, the problem occurs only if you're in the pedal assist 1 or 2, but if you go higher, it works fine?

rich c

Any scuff marks around the battery or controller? Cradle that holds the battery looks okay? All wires look okay? Especially check them where they come out of the motor. Display works fine? What do you mean by stop and restart? Do you shut off the battery or do you just stop the bicycle and then start moving again? The more details you can give us, the better.

Joro

Region
USA
Okay so, the problem occurs only if you're in the pedal assist 1 or 2, but if you go higher, it works fine?
Thanks for the reply, I haven't tried starting in the higher assists - it's been a busy week and I'm going to have time to do in depth analysis over the weekend. (I posted this in case there's an obvious explanation, I could cut to the chase.)

Timpo

Thanks for the reply, I haven't tried starting in the higher assists - it's been a busy week and I'm going to have time to do in depth analysis over the weekend. (I posted this in case there's an obvious explanation, I could cut to the chase.)
I was asking if that only happens, in the assist 1 and 2 because I was guessing maybe the planetary gear is broken in the motor. Which would explain your grinding noise and motor not helping the bike moving forward.

However, if your bike is fine with other assist levels, then that means the planetary gear is fine and problem lies somewhere else.

Joro

Region
USA
I was asking if that only happens, in the assist 1 and 2 because I was guessing maybe the planetary gear is broken in the motor. Which would explain your grinding noise and motor not helping the bike moving forward.

However, if your bike is fine with other assist levels, then that means the planetary gear is fine and problem lies somewhere else.
Good to know - I assembled it Tuesday night and haven't had much free time to note exactly when it performs fine and when the malfunction occurs. Going to check into it this weekend and post again.
Thank you

Joro

Region
USA
So is this the bike you have?

Looks like it has geared hub drive?

Any scuff marks around the battery or controller? Cradle that holds the battery looks okay? All wires look okay? Especially check them where they come out of the motor. Display works fine? What do you mean by stop and restart? Do you shut off the battery or do you just stop the bicycle and then start moving again? The more details you can give us, the better.
No scuff Mark's, the exposed wiring is intact. Display seems fine. The fix isn't consistent - I've had it make the grating noise, then kick in and be silent, or, I stop pedalling then restart, or I've had to shut it down and start up again two times before it worked properly.
It seems to be worse when I'm facing uphill when starting - is that ever an issue for anyone?
Thanks for your time.

Paul1839

Region
USA
Wow, the picture of your KBO breeze delivered box looks in pretty bad shape, hopefully you contacted KBO and sent them a picture. I’m still waiting on mine to be delivered ( June 29th) I hope it gets to me in better condition? Take care