My experience with my new Vado 4.0 (2020)

Papa G

@Sierratim: Thanks for the direction on the through axle replacements for the Burley hitch. We have Burley hitches on the Trek SC +7 and the Electra TC 8i but would like to pull my grandkids behind the Vado’s as well. Pulling the trailers up hills with ebikes is a breeze, much more stable too. FYI, I also liked the crimson color, it is more of a dark brick or cherry wood color vs. a bright red. Also wanted something different than the flat black on the SC. Appreciate the help. Maybe I’ll see you sometime out on the trail.

Papa G

Looks like Burley offers replacement Burley Thru Axles that will work on the Vado. The Vado uses a 12x148mm rear axle with 1.0 threads. This page also offers a sizing template to be sure you order the correct length and thread type.

The Robert Axle Project also offers thru axles with trailer adapters for a number of brands. If Burley isn't in their pull down menu, email them. I've found their customer service to be very responsive. @Stefan Mikes reported similar helpfulness when he needed a replacement axle.

BTW - love your bike color. Rocket red is the fasterest color!
@Sierratim: Thank you for this information. I ordered two of the Robert Axle Project thru axles and two Burley steel hitches to connect a Burley D"lite trailer to my wife's Vado 5.0 or to my Vado 4.0. I like the way the Robert Axle Project website confirms the ebike and the type of trailer you are connecting to it. It looks like a simple swap out.