My experience with Walmart Electric Bikes

FlatSix911

Agreed. ;)
1603654597559.png

EMGX

On some snooty bike forums, these products are known as BSO's... Bicycle Shaped Objects. ;)

My wife bought a Walmart <$100 single speed cruiser bike to use on paths in Mesa when visiting relatives a couple years ago. It worked perfectly for her for the couple weeks she was visiting, cost less and was less hassle than renting a bike. Since then it has been used regularly to daily for 6-8 mile rides by her sister without any problems. For the right use and user a BSO might be a perfect fit. Snooty bike people are annoyingly obnoxious, opinionated and self centered. Most definitely not "impartial".

Last edited:

FlatSix911

The n + 1 principle is a universal law that applies not only to mountain biking but to all things cycling.
The rule, formulated by Velominati, is thus: Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n + 1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n + 1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.
This equation may also be re-written as s – 1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Timpo

The n + 1 principle is a universal law that applies not only to mountain biking but to all things cycling.
The rule, formulated by Velominati, is thus: Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n + 1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n + 1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.
This equation may also be re-written as s – 1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

ah okay, I had never heard of that theory

Taylor57

Well that makes me feel better. Maybe I'm not sick after all :)