My Outlaw EX

arourke212

I originally owned a Phantom X2 but the folding part broke, this is a video overview of the Outlaw EX with the same components from my X2 after ProdecoTech helped me.

I added a lot of stuff from Amazon including a mirror, headlight, bag and a U-Lock from Walmart with cable.

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Nice overview Alex,

Do you use this for commute or occasional riding? How long have you been using this?

arourke212

Mostly for commuting to work, about 8 miles round trip. I had the Phantom X2 for about 6 months before it split on me this Outlaw for about 8 months.

Court

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the background and great overview of the bike Arourke212! I like the accessories you chose, my lock is very similar and I use it to secure the wheels while locking the frame to a metal railing or rack directly. I've never seen panniers in use with these rear-rack ProdecoTech ebikes but you did a good job. I didn't realize the company had fenders you could get but they look like they fit really well :)

arourke212

How is the ex outlaw holding up? Nice looking bike

Thanks. It is good, though in the bike shop right now. I just moved to Las Vegas and had my bike shop in Connecticut box and ship it for me($220.) I put the bike back together myself and had trouble with the derailleur so I brought it to a bike shop and they said that I needed a new one. I should be getting it back tomorrow. I am going to need that motor in this Vegas heat.

buzzard

I had a Phantom XLi and a weld broke at the folding flanges. Dumped me to the ground. Took the bike to a fabricating shop that welded aluminum. They took out the folding flanges and added a gusset from the vertical tube out past where the folding flanges were. @$300, much cheaper than a bike replacement or using a warranty frame (why repeat?)