Need help for a very tall (and heavy) rider

BarnBoy

Region
USA
City
Pleasanton, CA

bis zu 2500w Leistung​

Das E-Bike ist nicht StVZO Zugelassen und darf nicht auf öffentlichen Straßen gefahren werden.

Viel Glück. (Euro bikes are allowed up to 250 W nominal).
And... Carbon Fibre frame for a heavy rider?! These frames do break.
@Stefan Mikes - please know I love your posts and respect your opinions (have given you tons of likes)!! I was 193cm (now 191+?cm) and just under 120kg post COVID (want to be 100kg again!). I have broken gobs of CromMoly top brand name frames in my day that are still alive today (started MTB back in 1985). I settled mostly on over sized aluminum frames and except one odd ball, never crushed an American made Can-o-snails! Thus I have a barn full of them and some custom frames too; both Ti and Steel.... (another story!)

A good buddy talked me into my first and currently only carbon frame, a 2008 Ibis Mojo-C. I love the bugger and have hit the thing harder than any Cannondale DH. Twelve years and I t has zero signs of micro-fractures (zero clear coat cracks). If Ibis made an ebike, I would buy it in a heartbeat. A properly designed CF frame is dang near bulletproof! Thus after reading up on Wattwagons and what @pushkar is doing, I convinced him to do a true XL frame (52cm or 21 inch) sight unseen! I will own the first 150kg rated Hydra XL guinea pig on a <27kg ebike with batteries. I don't plan on going anywhere and will post good or bad....

If Euro 750W limits are desired, that too can be obtained at less money (a standard option; as crazy is more $₽¥€£).

I think you saw the old 1999 EVG I’m renovating.... (did first ride yesterday; will report soon!)
-BB

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
If Euro 750W limits are desired
It is 250 W. That's why I told Alby not to listen to advices from non-Europeans :D (@Alaskan is a notable exception here. His remark on R&M Supercharger 2 was valuable).

NCM might be a German company but trust me they mostly sell overseas. Germany is too a serious country related to safety and law to allow such monsters there. And Germany is the "home of e-bikes" surpassing the number of these vehicles in North America tenfold :)

Last edited:

ElevenAD

The looks are not for everyone but I would check out some Cargo bikes, something like a R&M load has full suspension and a weight capacity of well over 400lbs, you could test one right there in Germany before dropping all that cash!

indianajo

There was somebody from New Zealand talking about his Surly this week. They are probably for sale in EU, too. I don't recommend the 250 W EU compliant motors, but the nanny states here that limit to 350 W no throttles haven't forbidden the sale of 2000 W power wheels. You buy it over the internet, bolt it on your bike, you're Jolly Roger with no license plate or insurance. Maybe that works in Europe. I find the 500W Mac12 to be amazingly powerful up to 23 mph, hard to find but worth it. Had to pay $70 to get it laced into a wheel. Mac12t is not for sale on built e-bikes for some reason. Tell me again how useless diy bikes are? As compared to the "500 W" radwagon that there was complaint this week wouldn't carry a purchaser up a hill? Much less his 80 lb groceries. Somebody that has to have 25 mph can buy a Mac10t, but I'll scoot across the 6 lanes on a 6 second green light faster on my Mac12t.

st0ut

Region
USA
Alby I ama bit smaller than you I have the US Spec's Giant Explorer. I am about 108KG and 1.75M tall. I have the Medium sized frame. The EU spec'd bike can be found here:

I am using mine to have #onelesscar.
1621340793963.png