New 2020 Haibike Trekking Yamaha PW-ST Motor Cuts Out, Other Minor Issues

I have yet to make a full thread for my bike, because I keep running into random issues lol.

The latest: as I've been riding around testing out seat heights, different saddles, etc, I've noticed that the motor keeps cutting out. I will be riding and then suddenly the display turns off, assist stops, and I get a soft "clunk" from the pedals/cranks, telling me that the motor stopped engaging with the cranks.

Not sure what's happening. I took it on a 1 mile "loop" today and had 5 cutouts. It happens at all assist levels, on smooth ground, and both when turning and while riding in a straight line. I took the battery out, cleaned all connections, checked the charge, etc - everything appears to be working, but it keeps randomly shutting off mid-pedal, and I can't find a set of circumstances that reliably replicates the issue. Odometer is at 5 miles; bummer to have this happening right away on a new bike.

2 other misc issues:
  • rear wheel is slightly out of alignment (likely needs to be re-dished/spokes adjusted since it's all good in the dropouts)
  • handlebars are slightly off-center compared to the front wheel (i.e. front wheel angles slightly left when handlebars are dead-forward)

I really love how the bike feels and runs...when it's working. I've opened a warranty claim with Haibike. Fingers crossed.

vincent

hope you get it worked out soon, weird issues and cannot believe a new haibike is like that

keep us up to date

What display does this bike have? Is it the removable one?

it's the Yamaha Type A display. I bought it online, emailed them on Tuesday morning with no response as of yet.

Update: took out the motor, checked all connections, put it back. It's working better with less cutouts now. Makes me think things are loose in a few places. Going to try using some conductivity gel on all connectors and foam taping all the wires/connectors to the frame. Bummer to have to do this on a new bike. Both Haibike USA and Crazy Lennys have been radio silent since Monday of this week.

ruffruff

Hate to say it but CrazyLenny was of no help to me on a warranty issue unless I was willing to bring in the bike.
I got no response to emails, or filing out their service form online. I had to call to get any response.