New Gazelle Medeo T9 (two!)

steve_rolfeca

@steve_rolfeca, do you have a link to the German Vendor who sells the AXA plug-in chains? Thanks!
Bike24 GMBH:

Cheap at 29 Euros plus shipping.

Another 9 Euros would have upgraded it from the 140mm RLC chain to the stronger Plus version, but that doesn’t come in a combo pack with the under-seat bag.

I think the regular RLC will be enough deterrent for my neighbourhood, as I also installed Pinhead wheel and seat post locks, and carry a short U-lock as well on shopping trips.

Briggsie

I have this bike....Medeo T9. Is it possible to lift the handlebars so that they are more in line with my tall body? I seem to have to lean over too far and would love it if they could come up some. I suppose I could loosen the nut and pull and see what happens, but I don't really want to mess with the bike if that's not possible. Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

Lynne5

I have this bike....Medeo T9. Is it possible to lift the handlebars so that they are more in line with my tall body? I seem to have to lean over too far and would love it if they could come up some. I suppose I could loosen the nut and pull and see what happens, but I don't really want to mess with the bike if that's not possible. Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.
The online Gazelle Medeo T9 manual is better than the paper one that comes with the bike. If you scroll down to about page 7, they describe adjusting both the height and angle of the handlebars.

steve_rolfeca

Bike24 GMBH:

Bad news!

I mounted the bag under my seat, but didn't have a reason to use the chain until the other day. You can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that it wouldn't latch in my lock!

I contacted Gazelle North America, and the lock on the Medeo HMB is the AXA Block XXL, not the regular Defender. The Defender isn't wide enough for fenders and a Big Apple 2.0" balloon tire.

I should have ordered the ULC 130/5.5 chain, not the RLC. The pin is longer, to fit the wider top bracket of the lock.

To add insult to injury, COVID has affected availability- this chain is out of stock and on back order.

Gazelle NA expects to have more towards the end of the year. The supply situation must be similar in Europe, as I see that Bike24 GMBH is quoting 15 to 18 weeks delivery: