WattsUpDude

Redshift has a couple of additional mount options (with different mounting hardware options like Cateye, Garmin, etc)

Or a more generic utility mount...

if it doesn't get in the way, i find that an inexpensive top cap mount works really well.

expat

It's been my experience that springs are great at absorbing shock loads but they don't do much for high frequency vibration. For me anyway, this type of vibration causes wrist numbness. The RedShift stem uses elastomers instead of the Kinekt's springs which, in my case, provides better comfort.
I’ve been on the kinekt seat stem for a few weeks now. I’ve been pretty impressed with the ride. If I take my hands off the bar, I don’t feel a thing. The reason I didn’t go with redshift was I read when elastomers compress they become more dense which changes the cushioning behavior while compressed, springs are more uniform in that response. That may be horse droppings but it made sense in my little head. Plus the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. I may opt for the redshift stem over the kinekt if it's too troublesome for my liking or too beefy.

BarryS

I don't see looking at Vado cable slack that both a Stem Riser and a suspension stem Could work : At least not the 30 degree Stems

Steph

Or a more generic utility mount...

i was actually thinking of this utility mount, i can mount the light and the quad lock onto it. i tried to order one last night but they are sold out. hopefully this would fit on the Kinekt stem 😀

expat

i was actually thinking of this utility mount, i can mount the light and the quad lock onto it. i tried to order one last night but they are sold out.
That is a sexier design than the one I found. I wish they'd just design the stem so that one isn't needed for common applications, like Trek blendr configured bikes. BTW, did the computer fit around the stem?

Steph

That is a sexier design than the one I found. I wish they'd just design the stem so that one isn't needed for common applications, like Trek blendr configured bikes. BTW, did the computer fit around the stem?

yes it fits, but i dont use the smartphone hub, i flipped it upside down and use the quadlock to hold my phone and use the Cobi app all the time. But maybe now that the suspension stem is taking majority of the impact the smartphone hub might be more useful and my phone won't go flying out.

expat

yes it fits, but i dont use the smartphone hub, i flipped it upside down and use the quadlock to hold my phone and use the Cobi app all the time. But maybe now that the suspension stem is taking majority of the impact the smartphone hub might be more useful and my phone won't go flying out.
Good point. That smartphone hub should come standard with a suspension stem of choice. Or perhaps a little parachute for your phone. They obviously had an office temp working the designs that day.

expat

After a spacer, it was on without any trouble.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.37.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.37.08 PM.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 73

bob armani

Yes, but much cheaper than a $1,000 mid-grade RockShox fork... and much better than a $350 spring shock found on many eBikes. ;)
Are you comparing a full range RockShox suspension fork to this mini-sized shock stem? Seems to be in entirely two different classes of functionality overall as far as I can see. A suspension fork covers a much broader range than something this size. Say 140mm SF opposed to whatever spec is on this little guy. JMHO.

reed scott

I Went With The Redshift Stem. Though I like my Kinekt post ... for the stem I needed, the Redshift Was better. I wanted a lot of rise and their 30 degree stem was the only shock absorbing stem that would do that. When I have it installed I will report.

antboy

I Went With The Redshift Stem. Though I like my Kinekt post ... for the stem I needed, the Redshift Was better. I wanted a lot of rise and their 30 degree stem was the only shock absorbing stem that would do that. When I have it installed I will report.
My 30 degree rise is working well. When getting my second e-bike, I didn't want front suspension, knowing what that meant for comfort.

The suspension stem (and seatpost) is enough to take off the edge, so I don't feel it in my wrists after 40-50km rides, including some gravelly bits.

Although the above is about a decade decade old now... it's much more overgrown, and the trails are more rocky... the below angle is about 20 metres away, and from this past summer...

reed scott

My 30 degree rise is working well. When getting my second e-bike, I didn't want front suspension, knowing what that meant for comfort.

The suspension stem (and seatpost) is enough to take off the edge, so I don't feel it in my wrists after 40-50km rides, including some gravelly bits.

Although the above is about a decade decade old now... it's much more overgrown, and the trails are more rocky... the below angle is about 20 metres away, and from this past summer...

How do you find the elastomers? That is, are their weight guidelines close to right on?