New Motobecane ULTRA eAdventure! / Preliminary Mid vs. Hub Drive Stats

steve mercier

I have tested three motors on the same very steep hill back to back. I found that I could make it up the hill on all three ( Active line ,Active Plus and Performance CX ) but the CX was of course the fastest and the Active line was turtle slow. Where I live we have a three mountain challenge called the North shore triple crown which consists of three serious hill climbs in a row that the strongest roadies can do on acoustic bikes. I have done it on my CX but I would never even attempt it on an Active line. So my point I guess is that the weaker motors are somewhat ( if only slightly ) limited in the scope of their usage. You can always switch down to Eco but you cannot get more power than it was designed to produce in the first place.

Lar

Really does come down to what you ride or intend to ride. Not a lot of ebike options available right now so better to be riding a little under powered than not at all. My first ebike was under powered and I enjoyed it very much it also taught me more about what I wanted in the next one and I didn't know for sure if emtb-ing was for me at all to begin with.