New Radrover no go

mrgold35

I love the throttle attachment from 1859 Northwest:
Makes it so much easier to use the throttle and shift at the same time. It make it easier to get to max speed across intersections using both max throttle+upshifting. Plastic with a velcro strap holing it in place that never moves. Work perfectly in +100 degree summers or below freezing winters with winter gloves and Bar Mitts.

Thomas Jaszewski

Yeah, I thought the PAS had to be activated by pedaling for it to power the hub-drive. Perhaps this model will use throttle only, but that is pretty rare.
Actually several lines were sold without any PAS, throttle only! Luna sold direct drive and gear drive kits that were clones of the ebikekit hub motors, throttle only. (and no parts for repairs) But throttle only finished bikes do see as rare as hen's teeth.

56Steve

Last Friday I received the new motor and complete wheel assembly , took off the old and put on the new and it works! Now thats good service.

Tars Tarkas

Last Friday I received the new motor and complete wheel assembly , took off the old and put on the new and it works! Now thats good service.
That's great! Thanks for letting us know! It would be nice to know exactly what the problem was though, just out of curiousity.

TT

Tars Tarkas

Does point a big arrow at their QC procedures though....
Yeah, maybe. It could be that the bike worked fine when it was shipped and something was knocked wonky in transit. Plus, I wonder how many, or what percentage of bikes are delivered without any serious issues? We hear about the bikes that have problems.

And there are always going to be the occasional problems. Everyone would prefer to avoid the problems, of course, but there is really something good to say about a company that resolves their issues as well as Rad.

TT

AHicks

Yes, I get the fact there are problems. That's likely why they pay all the money to have a quality tech dept. on board. My question should have been I wonder if that motor was working when shipped? The fact they sent out a new assembly would leave me wondering if they knew it was working when it left their facility. Or maybe another question. Are those bikes packed at RAD, or in China?

mrgold35

Pretty good out come to get your rover fixed. You get the bonus of spare tire/tube with the old rim.

Browneye

China bikes are packed in shipping cartons, stacked in containers, and put on a ship. It's hard to say what kind of component testing is done at time of assembly.
IMO it's a good outcome and solid backing for the product. So far I haven't seen anything I don't like about RadPower, other than some more options for bikes. Lots of new peeps coming on board this year and RadPower is a great place to start.

56Steve

I bought it for my wife so she can go for a bike ride with me, usually 20 miles or so on my road bike. My first mod on it was lowing the handle bars.