New Schwalbe tires for 2023

Mango1234

Region
USA
Schwalbe has new tires on its website including new versions of the Marathon Plus and Johnny Watts

Region
USA
Schwalbe has new tires on its website including new versions of the Marathon Plus and Johnny Watts
I ordered a set of Johnny Watts 365 tires today!

1663344867275.png

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland

fooferdoggie

thouse tour may be good on our tandem a little mroe off road grip but not as many flats more like the marathon plus

m@Robertson

Region
USA
I wonder how noisy it is on asphalt?
Since the nubs are so closely spaced together, probably almost silent. That tire looks like a very smooth roller. I just replaced my Schwalbe Pickups with Maxxis Aggressors so I would have more trail versatility and have been amazed at their near total silence.
thouse tour may be good on our tandem a little mroe off road grip but not as many flats more like the marathon plus
I was a bit disappointed in this 2023 Marathon Plus Tour. Schwalbe seems to be putting out variations of the Pickup tread to a number of their tires, and this is another in that series... but if you look for the Marathon Plus Tour for 2022 (still on their web site), and dig into the specs, you will see they reduced its weight capacity by 9 kg which matters to me using it on a cargo bike that can only fit 2.0" tires. I also prefer the 2022-and-prior version much better as its tread - which looks very unimpressive on a web site but not on an actual wheel has better tread blocks on the side for cornering on wet streets. The Pickup-style tread hasn't proven to be anything to write home about in that regard.

Earlier today I bought two more of the older version to sock away for the future.