New to e-bikes

Geoff H

Region
Australia
Hi all, After many years of riding regular bikes I have finally succumbed to an e-bike due to several joint replacements. I bought a second hand Smartmotion Pacer from a friend and although I should have done more research on e-bikes in general I am quite happy with the purchase. One problem I do have though is the motor cutting out at low speeds, usually just before an incline when I really need it! I did try one members suggestion of freeing up some cables in the bottom crank case but that doesn't appear to have solved the problem. Any suggestions please?
Geoff H E-BIKE.jpg

Timpo

Does it have cadence sensor? If you do, dirty cadence sensor can cause problems if you're pedaling slow.

Taylor57

Hi all, After many years of riding regular bikes I have finally succumbed to an e-bike due to several joint replacements. I bought a second hand Smartmotion Pacer from a friend and although I should have done more research on e-bikes in general I am quite happy with the purchase. One problem I do have though is the motor cutting out at low speeds, usually just before an incline when I really need it! I did try one members suggestion of freeing up some cables in the bottom crank case but that doesn't appear to have solved the problem. Any suggestions please?
Geoff H View attachment 79064
Nice lookin bike. Surely one of the EBR members will offer you a tidbit to get you riding comfortably. Welcome!

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove
IDK your bike, but are you sure you are in maximum boost and lowest gear before starting up the incline? Many bikes must make a full or half rotation of the crank before the PAS kicks in. Try it in a parking lot where you can test without dodging traffic.

Geoff H

Region
Australia
IDK your bike, but are you sure you are in maximum boost and lowest gear before starting up the incline? Many bikes must make a full or half rotation of the crank before the PAS kicks in. Try it in a parking lot where you can test without dodging traffic.
I rarely use max boost (saving battery storage) but that's a great suggestion, thanx.