New triker from Ontario

Region
Canada
Hello from Kitchener, Ontario. I am a long time bicycle rider (80 years since I got my first bike), who is now taking on the challenge of a tricycle! As age crept on, so did balance problems and other signs of decrepitude. I got a used Pedego trike this summer and found out that triking is not the same as biking, especially on tight corners, heavy cambers, and potholed streets. However, The trike and I have come to an agreement and it goes where I want to go now. I think this opens up a wider horizon for me especially in these stressful times. The Pedego is a nice bike, a bit heavy, but good for what I need. Some people look bemused when they see an old lady pedalling a trike, but and some laugh, but that’s fine too. I‘m glad I found this forum, but wish there was more on trikes And also how to stop the Pedego bucket from clunking.

alphacarina

Region
USA
Welcome! Decrepitude . . . . I resemble that remark!! 🤣

I'm glad you found something to help you get outside and exercise a bit - And great that you and the trike have came to an agreement that it goes where you want. I have a folding bike and got my wife a folding trike and it's great that we also get outdoors more often that we used to. Pedal on!!

Don

PedalUma

Region
USA
What is the bucket? Do you have the black plastic basket between the rear wheels? You would need to or have someone lift the rear end an inch and bounce the bike several times so you can isolate where it is bumping. Then pad that area.

Region
Canada
What I called the bucket is the plastic basket! Thanks, already did what you recommended and it quietened it down somewhat but there is still some noise. Seems to be the plastic basket flexing a bit.

PedalUma

Region
USA
What I called the bucket is the plastic basket! Thanks, already did what you recommended and it quietened it down somewhat but there is still some noise. Seems to be the plastic basket flexing a bit.
It will also resonate and amplify any road noise. How about a rubberized dish mat in the bottom? It will keep things from sipping around in there and help deaden the sound.

PedalUma

Region
USA
That makes sense, thanks. I’ll try it.
Right now it works like the vocal sac of a frog.
1630363144742.png