Newport Beach Bike Fire

Chuck Casey

image.png

Hot bike!

The charger and battery are a one piece item and the cord is a light duty ungrounded "pull out" from the charger system.

pxpaulx

The most appalling thing about this is the price that company charges for what looks like $500 Alibaba generic Chinese bikes disguised as a boutique brand.

SCbiker

I saw this in the news ... Hope this continues to be a very isolated situation. Alot of stored energy in newer bikes ...

B.

Chuck Casey

The most appalling thing about this is the price that company charges for what looks like $500 Alibaba generic Chinese bikes disguised as a boutique brand.

All Ebikes seem priced too high as I see it. Most brands are offering models north of 2k per bike, price mattered to me as I was buying two not one.

In defense of The Electric Bike Company, that is a well made bike, top of the line components and rides well. I don't like the single speed, charger with the battery and the pull out cord for charging, did not seem robust.

And all LiPo battery packs are susceptible to failure. Its a risk- also check temps as they don't blow unless they first get real hot-

Last edited: