No Bafang used by mainstream bike manufactures.

Ebiker33

I made a thread with all the top Bafang type bikes, some of the very best Ebikes have the Bafang ultra. My research indicates that the Ultra with a Gates belt and a Rohloff is one of the best systems out there currently, made better with competent tuning of the Ultra for the bike it is on.

cuwatra

I made a thread with all the top Bafang type bikes, some of the very best Ebikes have the Bafang ultra. My research indicates that the Ultra with a Gates belt and a Rohloff is one of the best systems out there currently, made better with competent tuning of the Ultra for the bike it is on.
Link please!

fooferdoggie

and often exceend wha the rohloff can handle in torque.

Alex M

It does seem like Bafang is the present and future of the American e-bike market, for the value and power it offers.
I wonder how big is the market share of all mid drives vs hubs, in the US market. The sales of low-cost consumer-direct brands are growing, they are mostly hubs, and given the price point, it looks like there is value in there. In terms of power, many are fine with 500W "continuous". Offroad riders probably represent less than a half of consumer base.

Bafang presence is massive in the hub sector too, but this is nothing new, massive production at low cost is how China secures its future - at the expense of others, but hey, who cares...