Online rider training courses?

mogulskier

Speaking of Sur Ron e-bikes. Locally, and sadly, an ebike fatality yesterday.

"A closer look at the bike, a Sur Ron electric bicycle, helped officers determine it was not built for highway use, according to Courtney. It was built as an off-highway bike meant for dirt tracks or smaller roads. Sumner Avenue is considered a highway due to a loose definition of the word. When the bike is classified as off-highway, it means it’s not built to be used on public roads."

ebikemom

Interesting so the BC Provincial ebike regulations are being interpreted by the authorities to mean no throttle take off
That’s too bad, because some people with bad knees need a throttle takeoff. I certainly use them on when I’m faced uphill. It kind of seems that maybe they think starting with the throttle is some kind of zooming thing that lays rubber down on the road… Sounds like they don’t understand the capabilities of most E bikes.

JES2020

Even watching what kind of training you do for various maneuvers, can help.

Even watching what kind of training you do for various maneuvers, can help.
Never been a fan of those boats on two wheels. I like the lean mean bikes, like a Ducati or the sport Kawasakis. It's like driving a bus compared to a Porsche 911. A Ducati could take those turns side by side with another Ducati
Besides that what the hell are you going to do if you slide on some sand and now you have to pick up a 800 + lb monstrosity?
I'm the same way with aircraft, My experimental tail drager, could fly circles around most other planes I've flown, and it only had a 1800 cc VW engine in it. the amount of input you needed on the joystick was the size of a 50 cent piece !

Handlebars

Region
Canada
Never been a fan of those boats on two wheels. I like the lean mean bikes, like a Ducati or the sport Kawasakis. It's like driving a bus compared to a Porsche 911. A Ducati could take those turns side by side with another Ducati
Besides that what the hell are you going to do if you slide on some sand and now you have to pick up a 800 + lb monstrosity?
I'm the same way with aircraft, My experimental tail drager, could fly circles around most other planes I've flown, and it only had a 1800 cc VW engine in it. the amount of input you needed on the joystick was the size of a 50 cent piece !
Nice! Wish I could do that.
My bike is more like the boat with slightly balloon tires and probably 80 lbs when loaded up with groceries and more upright posture with pulled back bars and cushy saddle.

RunForTheHills

Region
USA
Out here in California, you need to pass the MSF course before you can get an M1 endorsement on your Driver's License. It is important that you do so, because a long time ago, the police loved doing paper checks at various stops in the mountains, for speeding, non CARB exhaust systems, illegal license plate location, etc, etc.

Downside is that once you have it, there is nothing stopping you from buying a GSX-R1000 or similar Superbike right out of the gate.

For scooters and e-bikes, the MSF and/or similar training is overkill and a waste of time, and should be completely voluntary. If you can ride a bike, you can ride a scooter/ebike.

Motorcycles are in a different class altogether and training is absolutely essential. But for scooters/ebikes, it is voluntary and I don't see the point of it.
When I was a teenager 40 years ago, my Dad had a 49cc scooter called a Yamahopper that was registered as a motorcycle. I took the test on that bike in California and I still have an M1 endorsement today even though I have never ridden a real motorcycle in my life.

JES2020

When I was a teenager 40 years ago, my Dad had a 49cc scooter called a Yamahopper that was registered as a motorcycle. I took the test on that bike in California and I still have an M1 endorsement today even though I have never ridden a real motorcycle in my life.
That's actually an easy way to get an MC endorsement...take the test on a scooter or a 125cc dirt bike LOL, then go out and ride a Boss Hoss with a v8 in it LOL.