Options for clip-on kickstand?

What are some good suggestions for a kickstand for bikes that are not designed to accommodate one? There are no mounting points/braze-ons anywhere on my bike.

Are there any durable clip-on options out there, or something similar?

I ride a BH Rebel Lynx PWX.

Last edited:

harryS

The clip-ons that clamp around a single frame tube are flimsy and may break with a 60 pound bike, You also run the risk of overtightening them so they won't slip and damaging the tube.

If you get one, get the type that clip onto two bars rather than one. At least it won't slip.

BillH

View attachment 43912
This won't work. Like my BH bike with Split Pivot suspension, the chain and seat stay of the OP's bike move independent of each other.

Like the OP I've been looking for something similar. I know a kickstand on an eMTB or any MTB is blasphemy and a giant foo-pah, but I still wish one could be had that tucks away and wouldn't get in the way and possibly contribute to injury trail riding.

FlatSix911

This won't work. Like my BH bike with Split Pivot suspension, the chain and seat stay of the OP's bike move independently of each other.

Like the OP I've been looking for something similar. I know a kickstand on an eMTB or any MTB is blasphemy and a giant foo-pah, but I still wish one could be had that tucks away and wouldn't get in the way and possibly contribute to injury trail riding.
Good point. Let me know if you find a solution as I have the same bike. Perhaps other EBR members have a more stealth idea. ;)

I would really like to find a Motorcycle style double kickstand, but the mid-drive motor prevents mounting on the bottom bracket chain stays.

Last edited:

BillH

Good point. Let me know if you find a solution as I have the same bike. Perhaps other EBR members have a more stealth idea. ;)

I would really like to find a Motorcycle style double kickstand, but the mid-drive motor prevents mounting on the bottom bracket chain stay[/URL]
Will do if I find a solution and do me the favor back if you do.

Thought I had the solution with this stand, but pedal arm on my bike is too high off of the ground to work. I cant find again where I read it about the stand, but I remeber reading if center of crank arm to ground is over something like 11.5" it won't work. My bike is 13". They make a newer model that supposedly has a 60kg/132lb capacity, so perfect for heavier bikes.
1578859928422.png

Nope, no ideas for this dilemma! In my travels, I'll just lean the bike against a tree or whatever's handy, with an eye on the wind not knocking it over or not scratching the top tube's paint.

Saratoga Dave

The Clickstand? A lot of touring cyclists use and swear by these, on loaded touring or MTBs (Great Divide riders) that can weigh quite a bit more than the average ebike. They’re all over the CGOAB touring journals.