Pedego Interceptor "Speed Controller"

Rexfreddy

Region
USA
I am looking for a replacement "speed Controller" for my 48 volt Pedego Interceptor.
It is a 2015 year and tbe original part #4818DLC-84AC1 (ZN180507-436).
The printed circuit board and contents are covered in a semi-rubberish-clear-plastic material, making it very difficult to repair.
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much...

UPDATE 12/24/21:
I was able to replace 2 "shorted" MOSFETs and the speed controller is back in service.
I am still interested in a standby replacement "working or not".
Thank you again...

Last edited:

AndrewMechanic

Region
Canada
Hi there Rex - I am a Pedego Mechanic, we have two generations of controllers, the first generation controllers are made by Ananda and have non-waterproof connections on the motor wire, they are little push pins - I'll take a look in our controller drawer and see if I can find you something. The gen6 controllers we can order no problem, its possible to upgrade to gen 6 controller, you would have to change the motor cable and buy an additional adapter. Let me know if this helps.

Rexfreddy

Region
USA
Hi there Rex - I am a Pedego Mechanic, we have two generations of controllers, the first generation controllers are made by Ananda and have non-waterproof connections on the motor wire, they are little push pins - I'll take a look in our controller drawer and see if I can find you something. The gen6 controllers we can order no problem, its possible to upgrade to gen 6 controller, you would have to change the motor cable and buy an additional adapter. Let me know if this helps.
Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate it.
Like I said in my follow-up, I was able to repair my unit which had 2 "shorted" MOSFETs.
At this time I am only interested in another "exact" unit such as mine, working or not.
If it comes to additional problems in the future, I will definitely upgrade to a newer unit.
Thank you again for your time.
-Rex-

Attachments

• thumbnail_66096359753__44085E8D-BDBF-46DE-AF18-C289EA281D5A.jpg
    thumbnail_66096359753__44085E8D-BDBF-46DE-AF18-C289EA281D5A.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_66096971018__4958F4F3-8178-4758-AD3A-315E019FA7EC.jpg
    thumbnail_66096971018__4958F4F3-8178-4758-AD3A-315E019FA7EC.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail_IMG_5495.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5495.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 53
  • thumbnail_IMG_5545.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5545.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 57

AndrewMechanic

Region
Canada
Hey, yeah, thats the gen1 ananda controller their hard to find, I think we may have one left in the store, I'll check tomorrow.

Andrew

Rexfreddy

Region
USA
An
Hey, yeah, thats the gen1 ananda controller their hard to find, I think we may have one left in the store, I'll check tomorrow.
Andrew-
Thank you again for all the time you have spent with me.
I appreciate all of your help.
Take care my friend;
-Rex-

azrider

Region
USA
An

Andrew-
Thank you again for all the time you have spent with me.
I appreciate all of your help.
Take care my friend;
-Rex-

i have a pedego element with the warranty just past expiration. i got error code 15 and i need a new controller. where can i find or order one and just install it myself?

Attachments

• PXL_20220326_214508061.jpg
    PXL_20220326_214508061.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220326_214512937.jpg
    PXL_20220326_214512937.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 19

Rexfreddy

Region
USA
From all of my research that I have done, they are very difficult to find to next to impossible.
You would have to call numerous EV bike shops as I did to see if they have your unit or a compatible replacement in stock.
I have not been able to locate one for mine at this time.
I was able to repair mine as shown in the previous treads.
I have seen several on eBay, some on amazon, aliexpress & alibaba, but again if it's not an exact replacement, you will need to research as I did.
Pedego factory "customer service" should be able to help especially if it is just recently out of warranty.
Error Code #15 is the communication between the LCD panel to the speed controller, according to Pedego chart. Just be sure to double-check the cable to the
LCD panel. Dirty / corrosion connections might be causing a simple repair.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-Rex-

6zfshdb

Region
USA
City
Northeast Pennsylvania
i have a pedego element with the warranty just past expiration. i got error code 15 and i need a new controller. where can i find or order one and just install it myself?

In the past, I have ordered controllers directly from Pedego. You might try giving them a call at (800) 646-8604.

azrider

Region
USA
thanks for the response. i checked all the connections. i'm probably going to have to take it in to pedego. they're really cool, but i like to be able to fix and do routine maintenance myself. it doesn't matter if it's a pc, snowboard or bike. if it's something i love, i need to know the inner workings of these things. it's part of the fun i guess. seems like i bought an apple with the pedego instead of a pc. fun little bike though.

azrider

Region
USA
In the past, I have ordered controllers directly from Pedego. You might try giving them a call at (800) 646-8604.
thank you so much.... gotta give them a try after work. thanks again. i really hate these types of proprietary parts that there's no aftermarket replacement.