Please help me choose a bike

Hello, I am so confused. Information overload! I am a serious buyer who wants to purchase an electric bike. However, I am not new to electric bikes. I purchased an ezip in 2011 and was never impressed. I hear that the ezips have gotten better, but I don't think I want to go that route again. This bike will be used for exercise and part time commuting. I do have a tricky knee so I definitely need the electric assist for some moderately hilly terrain. I have a $2000 budget, but would be elated if I could find a good bike at around $1500. Absolute musts include quick release wheels, low step thru and a well thought out, quality design for enjoyable riding. Unfortunately, there are only a storefronts carrying electric bikes in my neck of the woods and I haven't been too impressed with the reviews on prodeco bikes. Also, any suggestions on online retailers who ship would be greatly appreciated

Paul E.

Well thought out, quality design for $2000 or less is gonna be tough, unless you happen to find a demo, previous year model or used.

Shea N Encinitas

Well thought out, quality design for $2000 or less is gonna be tough, unless you happen to find a demo, previous year model or used.
I agree. Maybe it's time to finance a portion of the deal and get a Stromer ST1 step thru, that is if you are seriously dedicated to riding. The used market is strong in some areas, maybe not so much in the woods. Good Luck! -S

MLWilcox

Check out Crazy Lennies in Madison Wisconsin. He has some great deals on demos a few weeks ago when I last looked. Had a Stromer ST1 demo, low mileage for $2,200. If that is gone, see what other deals he might have.

MLWilcox

It's Crazy Lenny's. I just checked the website and he still has the Stromer on there. It was a white, step-through, Platinum with only a handful of miles. He may also have Elites. Check the other bikes carried and give them a call. It's winter up in Madison so probably they are not selling too many bikes to locals right now.