Please recommend a 1st time budget bike Acc to my requirements

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
Hello guys this is my 1st community post I am here to get recommendations for my 1st bike my budget is 1500CAD and I would like to have a bike which can possibly provide me best range in the budget and can be ridden on roads for long range daily commute even during snow ....... please help me m a 1st time buyer and don't know much about ebikes tbh

Timpo

I know you said you don't know much about ebikes, but how handy are you with bicycles?
I'm asking because with that kind of price range, and depending on how much range you're looking for, kit might be a good option for you. Especially if you already have a good donor bike.

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
I consider myself experienced at riding non electric bikes bicycle but have never tried an electric one before

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
I consider myself experienced at riding non electric bikes bicycle but have never tried an electric one before
And btw I case you need to know my stats I am around 140lbs and 5"8 if that could help you suggest a right one for me and also assume the range accordingly

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
That's a very broad criteria other than the price.

Do you have any preference or priority?
Tbh I have a criteria and specs in mind I am looking for a sort of bike like rad mission, ecotric 500,propella v3.2, ride 1up roadster v2, nacto super cruiser ,schwinn monroe 350, flx babymaker but the thing is non of those seem to be big on delivering range but if I can mount a extra external 3rd party battery then can I make it run long distances .... the thing is non of those seem to be a complete package some of them lack the versatility which I need in winters, some lack the range and some comfort it's very overwhelming and confusing researching all this too many options 😅😜

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
Tbh I have a criteria and specs in mind I am looking for a sort of bike like rad mission, ecotric 500,propella v3.2, ride 1up roadster v2, nacto super cruiser ,schwinn monroe 350, flx babymaker but the thing is non of those seem to be big on delivering range but if I can mount a extra external 3rd party battery then can I make it run long distances .... the thing is non of those seem to be a complete package some of them lack the versatility which I need in winters, some lack the range and some comfort it's very overwhelming and confusing researching all this too many options 😅😜
And I am willing to paddle as much as possible in the lowest assist to get the best range somewhere around 80km more is always favorable

Timpo

If you want 80km (50 mile) range, I think you would need to go kit option to keep it within $1500 Canadian.
That's assuming you already have a donor bike, otherwise it might go beyond $1500.

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
If you want 80km (50 mile) range, I think you would need to go kit option to keep it within $1500 Canadian.
That's assuming you already have a donor bike, otherwise it might go beyond $1500.
Rather can you suggest me a good battery to add to 1up roadster v2 so that I can increase its range upto 80-100km I am prepared to hang the battery in a bag on center triangle frame if needed

Timpo

Rather can you suggest me a good battery to add to 1up roadster v2 so that I can increase its range upto 80-100km I am prepared to hang the battery in a bag on center triangle frame if needed
The easiest way is to just carry a spare battery or two.

At this point, you'll likely be over your $1500 Canadian budget.

There's a way to parallel connect aftermarket batteries as well, but if you're sold on Ride1Up V2, I think that's the only option.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
Are you an experienced winter rider on a conventional bike?

Taylor57

Hello guys this is my 1st community post I am here to get recommendations for my 1st bike my budget is 1500CAD and I would like to have a bike which can possibly provide me best range in the budget and can be ridden on roads for long range daily commute even during snow ....... please help me m a 1st time buyer and don't know much about ebikes tbh
Why would you want to ride an Ebike in the snow? You sound like a good candidate for a truck with chains...

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada
Why would you want to ride an Ebike in the snow? You sound like a good candidate for a truck with chains...
Are you an experienced winter rider on a conventional bike?
Nope never done it before tbh even I am worried about how practical it is to do so and if you are a snow rider please do suggest me some good tips to improve my safety and quality of ride and riding a road commuter in snow

Curiouslearner

Region
Canada

There's a way to parallel connect aftermarket batteries as well, but if you're sold on Ride1Up V2, I think that's the only like

There's a way to parallel connect aftermarket batteries as well, but if you're sold on Ride1Up V2, I think that's the only option.
Actually I wanted to ask is it even possible to change the battery of roadster v2 on the go ........while in middle of a ride ...... I thought the battery was not removable unless needed for maintenance purposes and yaa do suggest me a parallel connector if it is possible to easily connect the spare battery with a parallel connection so that I can gain a better range and abou t the budget I thing the roadster costs around less then 1k and adding a battery would cost around 250$ if I am assuming in cost of all components right please let me know if I got it wrong......

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
Nope never done it before tbh even I am worried about how practical it is to do so and if you are a snow rider please do suggest me some good tips to improve my safety and quality of ride and riding a road commuter in snow
Check this thread first and look for the photos, words, and maps thread for members who actually ride in snow.

AHicks

Region
USA
City
Snow Bird - Summer S.E. Michigan, Winter Gulf Coast North Central Fl.
There is no way on God's earth I would plan on riding year round in snow country - especially if there was a daily commute to work and back involved.

Put your thoughts of a bike on hold for a while and spend the 1500 on a cheap front wheel drive car. One that will get you back and forth to work reliably.... without killing yourself.

Art Deco

Region
USA
City
Selinsgrove Pennsylvania
Seriously the few members who ride in snow and ice are hardcore ... snowmobile suits, ski goggles, and studded tires for starters ... and they still know when to stay home. Ride safe.