Priority Bicycles just launched the most affordable Gates belt mid-drive e-bike

wrightpwx

Perhaps your calculations were off? If you look at Enviolo's website, the Sportive hub has a unique look with the bare metal accents which is not present on their other models. Based on appearance, I have the Sportive. https://www.enviolo.com/en/groupsets/sportive
I agree that the hub on my bike looks like the Sportive model but I'm still getting 1:3.1 ratio. Can you check your bike (and can a Shimano owner check their bike)? Just raise up the back wheel and put the hub in the lowest gear and measure how many times the wheel turns when you turn the crank one time (I get 1.4 rotations). Ditto in the highest gear (I get 4.4 rotations). 4.4/1.4=3.14. Maybe I have an adjustment problem in that the hub is not going to the lowest and/or highest gear. If you believe the gear chart above the Current with the Enviolo hub should have the wheel turn 1 time for 1 crank rotation when in the lowest gear position (assuming I understand gear-inches) and ~ 4 rotations in the highest gear.

Chachunka

Region
USA
I agree that the hub on my bike looks like the Sportive model but I'm still getting 1:3.1 ratio. Can you check your bike (and can a Shimano owner check their bike)? Just raise up the back wheel and put the hub in the lowest gear and measure how many times the wheel turns when you turn the crank one time (I get 1.4 rotations). Ditto in the highest gear (I get 4.4 rotations). 4.4/1.4=3.14. Maybe I have an adjustment problem in that the hub is not going to the lowest and/or highest gear. If you believe the gear chart above the Current with the Enviolo hub should have the wheel turn 1 time for 1 crank rotation when in the lowest gear position (assuming I understand gear-inches) and ~ 4 rotations in the highest gear.

My testing came out fairly close to what was expected. I got 4.9 / 1.3 = 3.76. Make sure you're in the actual tallest gearing. Especially when the hub isn't well broken in, there's a bit of an extra click it can go into when you twist for longer gearing.

wrightpwx

Turns out that the hub was not set up correctly. There are instructions on the excellent* Enviolo website on how to reset the overdrive. I'm now getting your numbers after I reset the hub. The process is a little tricky plus there was an error in the instructions. Unless things are way off I would tend to the sick and leave the well alone.

* The Enviolo website with a complete set of information on the Enviolo products stands in stark contrast to the Truckrun website which is worse that useless when it comes to any sort of maintenance or repair information. It remains to be seen if Current owners will be able to get their mid-drives repaired or replaced in the future (probably true of most of the 2nd tier drive manufacturers).

wrightpwx

Thanks for posting the link to the Gear inch range chart... very useful information. ;)

View attachment 74558
I think this chart is in error WRT the Enviolo hub. The Current with this hub has a 55/22 gear set (2.5:1). The hub specs out at 0.5:1 full underdrive and 1.9:1 max overdrive. 2.5*0.5=1.25 wheel rotations for one crank rotation. With a 27 inch dia wheel then the gear inches is 27*1.25=33.75 gear inches minimum. 2.5*1.9=4.75 times 27=128.25 gear inches in full overdrive. (or I don't understand gear inches). It will be interesting to see what people get with the Shimano hub (the gear ratios are known but not the gearset).

I think this chart is in error WRT the Enviolo hub. The Current with this hub has a 55/22 gear set (2.5:1). The hub specs out at 0.5:1 full underdrive and 1.9:1 max overdrive. 2.5*0.5=1.25 wheel rotations for one crank rotation. With a 27 inch dia wheel then the gear inches is 27*1.25=33.75 gear inches minimum. 2.5*1.9=4.75 times 27=128.25 gear inches in full overdrive. (or I don't understand gear inches). It will be interesting to see what people get with the Shimano hub (the gear ratios are known but not the gearset).
The Current has 650B wheels. Which equals to 27.5 inch wheels.

Achterbahn

Region
USA
City
Bay Area, CA
For future reference for those who might still be on the fence, I've been keeping my thoughts on the bike in this thread.

Bonus Current pic:
20210118_103932.jpg