Prospective Ebike owner

Captain Slow

Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure you will see a huge jump in fitness the first 4-6 weeks. When I read what your experience is, that's so similar to what I experienced after my kids were born.

btw - we're kind of neighbours as I'm in the Vancouver area.

aschrad

If it's not too late, and if you're sold on Surface 604 that much, I'd suggest you getting a Shred instead of Rook.

With the 12MOSFET 25A controller, Shred is far superior in terms of performance.
I did consider the Shred, but I don't think I am after a Mountain bike. If I wasn't going Ebike, I would likely be looking at road with the super skinny tires, so the Colt seems closer to that while still giving me a bit of a rugged design to manage the odd off trail I might encounter.
The local dealer has really sealed it for me. I did check out the Amego on your recommendation, and it does look pretty slick to. It overall feels pretty comparable to me, but is sold across the country. After getting to ride the Rook today I was pretty thoroughly impressed with it's power and responsiveness. And by the time the Battery is feeling inadequate for me anymore I will likely be ready to upgrade anyways.

aschrad

I did consider the Shred, but I don't think I am after a Mountain bike. If I wasn't going Ebike, I would likely be looking at road with the super skinny tires, so the Colt seems closer to that while still giving me a bit of a rugged design to manage the odd off trail I might encounter.
The local dealer has really sealed it for me. I did check out the Amego on your recommendation, and it does look pretty slick to. It overall feels pretty comparable to me, but is sold across the country. After getting to ride the Rook today I was pretty thoroughly impressed with it's power and responsiveness. And by the time the Battery is feeling inadequate for me anymore I will likely be ready to upgrade anyways.
And looking at the specs again, they both the have the same controller no?

Timpo

And looking at the specs again, they both the have the same controller no?
I just looked at their website, sorry maybe you're right, they probably did upgrade the controller on Rook as well.

But the Rook is still advertised as 20mph (32km/h) bike whereas Shred is 52km/h (32mph)
However it says Rook is "Class 3 Ready" so maybe you can unrestrict it?

Interesting point is though, Rook gets 35 mile range and Shred gets 40 mile range.
Also, that motor on Shred, that's Bafang's high performance motor with 12:1 reduction ratio.

As you can see Shred goes pretty fast

Timpo

Are you sure? Because Amego website says they still have 4 black ones... the silver one is out of stock though.

Timpo

Also if you're looking for a battery, which is Reention Dorado 440mm, I'd suggest you getting one from AliExpress.

It is not on sale right now, but I know AliExpress does sales event a few times a year, so I'd keep checking this link.
Eunorau is an ebike company. (Has appeared on EBR reviews several times on YouTube as well)

Timpo

Alternatively, I just found this.

There's an ebike company called Juiced. Because you can't go much higher Ah with Reention Dorado 440mm casing, Juiced decided to use their own in-house designed battery pack.

HillEater is the Canadian distributor of this battery.

48V 19.2Ah
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

52V 21Ah

Yes, it will fit your bike, though it is a little wider so it will stick to the side a little bit.
And yes, 99% of 48V ebikes can take 52V battery just fine. You'll gain slight amount of power as well.

aschrad

Alternatively, I just found this.

There's an ebike company called Juiced. Because you can't go much higher Ah with Reention Dorado 440mm casing, Juiced decided to use their own in-house designed battery pack.

HillEater is the Canadian distributor of this battery.

48V 19.2Ah

52V 21Ah

Yes, it will fit your bike, though it is a little wider so it will stick to the side a little bit.
And yes, 99% of 48V ebikes can take 52V battery just fine. You'll gain slight amount of power as well.
Nice all really great info. Much appreciated!
I did just dig into it a bit. You can get in and unrestrict the speed setting on the Rook/Colt by the looks of it.