Pulled the trigger on a Scorpion today

Bruce Arnold

I love my CCS. A little over 2 years old, with 4000+ miles on it. But I'm not getting any younger. The arthritis in my knees makes it hard to get on and off. I've dreamed about getting a CCX since they came out out, but swinging that leg over the seat to get on and off is more difficult all the time. So I started looking around at step-through bikes. And in the end, the Scorpion won out.

Hard to beat the price. It's been lowered from $2199 to $1899 already, and with the $100 off for Mother's Day, it costs hundreds less than my CCS with the old 17.4 Ah battery.

19.2 Ah, 52 V battery -- that alone is hard to beat. Mag wheels - I've had a couple of broken spokes on the rear wheel and it's a pain. No more! Pedaling won't be the same, and I do like to pedal to get the exercise. I'm looking at it as being like -- what do they call it? -- pedal forward geometry? Apparently some people like it, and I think I'll adapt.

I'm not crazy about fat tires, but they look good on this bike. My wife's Pedego has Schwalbe Fat Franks and she likes them -- very comfortable ride. I expect I will like the tires on the Scorpion.

So, this will be different. A new chapter in my ebike journey.

Now, we wait.

Edit: I was mistaken about the 19.2 Ah battery. It's the 13 Ah. That's fine. Not as cool, but fine.

Last edited:

TMH

Been waiting since placing my order in early Feb for a HyperScorpion for my wife. Was able to get it at that time for almost the same price - $1,999 plus tax - by using their Valentine's day promotion (and before they raised the price).

I'll probably try it out, but at 6'4" tall I'll likely look like a monkey on a football when riding it ... ;)

You have been following Tora's weekly blog on Scorpion/Hyper progress? He updates every Friday:
https://www.juicedbikes.com/blogs/news

So the blue Scorpions are probably at sea by now. Still say July 2020 ship date for them, just like the Hypers. However I think that it is likely that you will get your bike before I get mine. Hypers are still in development. Hope they are worth the wait, but I am anxious to see my wife's grin as she returns from her first trip out on it.

TMH

Now, we wait...
Today's update from Tora looks like Scorpion production is moving along well. I do hope that the packaging provides adequate protection!!!

But I think that Juiced likely opens all bikes in San Diego before shipping them to the customers, so they should be able to replace a cracked mirror, etc.

Speed tests of the Hyper look promising. I wonder what the range will be throttle only and WFO...

smorgasbord

But I think that Juiced likely opens all bikes in San Diego before shipping them to the customers, so they should be able to replace a cracked mirror, etc.
I would think that highly unlikely, unless a box shows signs of damage. Just think of the cost to unbox, test, and rebox. They sure aren't going to assemble then disassemble to rebox.

TMH

I would think that highly unlikely, unless a box shows signs of damage. Just think of the cost to unbox, test, and rebox. They sure aren't going to assemble then disassemble to rebox.
You may be right. My only experience with receiving a Juiced bike so far was my RipCurrent S, and that box had been re-sealed.

But then again, I bought it as an 'open box special'! :D

Bruce Arnold

I had an online chat with Kayla at JB today. They estimate they'll ship the Scorpions out of San Diego in July.

Dejà vu for me. I had to wait 3 months to get my CCS, back in 2017. At least I have my CCS to ride while I wait this time.

Reactions: TMH

CityExplorer

With the full suspension the Scorpion might be the first bike in this style I'd even think about buying, but it needs a higher top speed because as the battery is used this will drop, and the larger battery. Those slick tires need some some grip. However; as a city/road bike this one might end up having a lot of happy customers.

TMH

I had an online chat with Kayla at JB today. They estimate they'll ship the Scorpions out of San Diego in July.

Dejà vu for me. I had to wait 3 months to get my CCS, back in 2017. At least I have my CCS to ride while I wait this time.
While we are waiting for this week's update video to hit, what color did you order?

I ordered the clearcoat brushed aluminum model. Interesting how they are producing the standard Scorpions in big batches per color at a time - I guess they are just trying to get them built as quickly as possible changing the paint booth parameters as little as possible. I will guess that they know volume production better than I.

I just hope that the brushed aluminum Hypers will be the easiest to 'paint' and don't get processed last. Will probably be decided by the number chosen during the pre-order period as compared to the colors.

Bruce Arnold

@TMH I ordered the blue. That brushed aluminum is nice; I've liked it ever since they started making the CrossCurrents in that color. But the blue really does it for me, even more than the red I got on my CCS.

I'm preparing myself to wait until the end of July, and willing to be pleasantly surprised. I hope your hyper comes in then, too.