Quad Lock Phone Mount?

GSD Dad

Does anyone use the Quad Lock for their phone on their E-bike? I had a cheap phone holder that broke and looking to replace. I have an iPhone Pro Max and need something that can hold it and is secure. It looks like this will work but, wondered if anyone has any first hand experience with the product? Also, how do you like the case itself for the phone? Since I wouldn’t want to take it in and out of the case I would just use it in that case.

I currently have been keeping my phone in the utility bag I have on the top of my frame near my handle bars.

Thanks for any feedback!

Attachments

• B2293091-A6A6-4B7F-84BD-EB95E9A59E90.jpeg
    B2293091-A6A6-4B7F-84BD-EB95E9A59E90.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 58

BillH

I have mounts on all three of my E-Bikes and have a car mount. It’s super secure without question. I had reservations about the case at first ( I have an iPhone X) but it was unfounded. It’s not the thinnest case out there, but also not super thick either. I was sold when I was told it worked fine, and it does, with wireless chargers.

GSD Dad

I have mounts on all three of my E-Bikes and have a car mount. It’s super secure without question. I had reservations about the case at first ( I have an iPhone X) but it was unfounded. It’s not the thinnest case out there, but also not super thick either. I was sold when I was told it worked fine, and it does, with wireless chargers.

That‘s good to hear. I currently use a ”pop socket” on my phone and I saw they even have a add-on that does the same thing when it is not on your bike.

Deacon Blues

I just ordered another Quad Lock case for my new iPhone SE. I can't compare it with any other mount, because this is the only type I've owned, but I'm very happy with mine.
I have a base mount for my car windshield, 3 base mounts for my bikes, and a base mount arm band for running/hiking.

The only negative is the phone case doesn't clink into place as easily as in the promotion video.....or maybe it's just me. :cool:

David Berry

I bought my Quad Lock case at the end of 2016.

I've had only one case – to fit my iPhone 4 – but have used it with various attachments to suit six bikes.

2020-01-01-rr-ferry-aa.jpg

Sumary:
  • just under 4 years
  • just over 40,000 km including extremely rough trails
  • no problems of any kind
David

Last edited:

M1Rate

Does anyone use the Quad Lock for their phone on their E-bike? I had a cheap phone holder that broke and looking to replace. I have an iPhone Pro Max and need something that can hold it and is secure. It looks like this will work but, wondered if anyone has any first hand experience with the product? Also, how do you like the case itself for the phone? Since I wouldn’t want to take it in and out of the case I would just use it in that case.

I currently have been keeping my phone in the utility bag I have on the top of my frame near my handle bars.

Thanks for any feedback!

Yes, I have the QuadLock Pro version, which is milled from aluminum, and therefore very stiff.

I found putting the iPhone on a bit fussy until you get used to it (must be aligned at 45 degrees and level to the mounting structure, then turned to lock).

Riding around on bad streets, which is equivalent to riding gravel roads, it has been solid. No vibrations, and certainly no movement nor looseness of any sort.

It’s a bit spendy, but I bet it’ll be the last smartphone mount you buy.
2FECDDC2-67AB-43A4-895E-E704C177FFFD.jpeg

Sierratim

My wife and I use the GUB phone mount . Affordable, all metal, secure, even on rougher gravel trails. Our phones do have relatively pliable silicone cases that remain in place when they are clamped in these mounts.

Deacon Blues

If anyone is planning on buying a QuadMount bypass the Handlebar/stem mount (attaches to the bar with elastic rings) and pay a bit more for for the Out front mount or Handlebar mount (both bolt on to the bar)
Detaching the phone, especially if the phone is a plus model, is a PITA with the cheaper mount and it's near impossible to tighten the mount enough to stop it from moving while riding over bumpy pavement or trails. I've even used zap straps, but that didn't help much.

GSD Dad

That‘s good to know. Mine is the iPhone PRO Max. I will look at the more secure mounting.

If anyone is planning on buying a QuadMount bypass the Handlebar/stem mount (attaches to the bar with elastic rings) and pay a bit more for for the Out front mount or Handlebar mount (both bolt on to the bar)
Detaching the phone, especially if the phone is a plus model, is a PITA with the cheaper mount and it's near impossible to tighten the mount enough to stop it from moving while riding over bumpy pavement or trails. I've even used zap straps, but that didn't help much.

Jetsfan901

Just ordered the QuadLock for my Pixel 5. They are running 30% off now for Black Friday. This ebike hobby is starting to get expensive...But actually a hobby that I really enjoy, so worth every penny.

MMC

I have used Quad before but didn't like it as much as the SP Connect system. Less bulk and lower profile, more mount accessories.