RadWagon 4....

AHicks

Looks like they FINALLY got their act together with this revision. Along with other changes, they FINALLY decided maybe the direct drive rear hub wasn't really the better system for this bike, and have gone with a gear diven rear hub. Congratulations. This bike now makes some sense.

BTfl

Looks like they FINALLY got their act together with this revision. Along with other changes, they FINALLY decided maybe the direct drive rear hub wasn't really the better system for this bike, and have gone with a gear diven rear hub. Congratulations. This bike now makes some sense.
Finally! Now they just have to make a second mount for an extra battery,

AHicks

Knowing full
and still no hydraulic brakes.. are they purposely avoiding it or what
Geez, considering the bike's price point, and knowing full well the mechanical disks work fine, I'm OK with the brakes that come with it. You want the better brakes, bolt a set on it....

Timpo

Knowing full

Geez, considering the bike's price point, and knowing full well the mechanical disks work fine, I'm OK with the brakes that come with it. You want the better brakes, bolt a set on it....
actually, with 22 inch wheels on RadWagon, it might be fine. But I still think they should give customers option though, as an accessory.

AHicks

actually, with 22 inch wheels on RadWagon, it might be fine. But I still think they should give customers option though, as an accessory.
That's something I've never understood about RAD, and a lot of others really. They are just not into accessories. It's like they have tunnel vision. You get the bike the way we sell it, no exceptions....

A guy like Bolton can/will make a lot of money because he's figured out it's NOT just about what the OEM offers.....

Timpo

That's something I've never understood about RAD, and a lot of others really. They are just not into accessories. It's like they have tunnel vision. You get the bike the way we sell it, no exceptions....

A guy like Bolton can/will make a lot of money because he's figured out it's NOT just about what the OEM offers.....
yeah, there's clearly a demand for hydraulic brakes.

The I'd say more so the case with the high power motor controller.
Every time Bolton gets the new batch of 35A controllers, he sells out fast.

As Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank says "Numbers don't lie", it seems like Bolton can never keep up their supply with the demand from Rad owners.

AHicks

He's smart Timpo. Working just like RAD, he keeps his inventory low on purpose. Think supply and demand. Low inventory keeps demand, and prices, from tanking on you and leaving you with a warehouse full of stuff that you can't get rid of (for whatever reason). -Al

Timpo

He's smart Timpo. Working just like RAD, he keeps his inventory low on purpose. Think supply and demand. Low inventory keeps demand, and prices, from tanking on you and leaving you with a warehouse full of stuff that you can't get rid of (for whatever reason). -Al
I found the Bolton's pricing to be kind of okay, in fact, it is a little cheaper than Electro Bike World.

But it is interesting to note that EBW never goes out of stock. 🤔

Timpo

I think what's interesting is what YOU can buy that same hardware for (same KT controller and display), with the only difference being it's not going to come with plug and play connectors for the RAD bikes.

That's for quantity 1! Imagine if you were dealing with quantities of 100 or more..... -Al
So basically Bolton is worth $75 to less than $100 depending on what display you're getting. 😲

How difficult is it to convert this to Rad specific connectors?

AHicks

I bought the PSWpower accessory brakes handles, speed sensor, etc. so they would come matched to the controller. Then I pitched everything OEM but the battery and PAS sensor. All that leaves is matching up the motor, the battery, and the 3 wire speed sensor. Just a couple hours of work....

Your Bafang setup looks even simpler. You aren't getting any wild ideas are you?

Timpo

I bought the PSWpower accessory brakes handles, speed sensor, etc. so they would come matched to the controller. Then I pitched everything OEM but the battery and PAS sensor. All that leaves is matching up the motor, the battery, and the 3 wire speed sensor. Just a couple hours of work....

Your Bafang setup looks even simpler. You aren't getting any wild ideas are you?
No I think I'm pretty sold on Grin Baserunner. (As Phaserunner is too expensive)
Also I don't like the big controller, I'd like to hide it inside the frame like stock Juiced bikes.

Timpo

And I just realized, it is extremely difficult to find 22 inch tires. :eek:

RadWagon owner's can't just go to LBS and pick up 22 inch tires there, most likely they won't have it in stock, or can't even get one.
ChainReaction had a couple of them on clearance, but that's it.
They should've just made it 20 inch like Tern cargo bikes.

This is a serious inconvenience, you can't just go to your LBS and have tires installed, and ready to go for you.
Juiced CrossCurrent are 700C, I do my own tire changes, but I can virtually stop by at any bike shops and they will have my tires ready.

Nova Haibike

And I just realized, it is extremely difficult to find 22 inch tires. :eek:

RadWagon owner's can't just go to LBS and pick up 22 inch tires there, most likely they won't have it in stock, or can't even get one.
I use two suppliers. Only one stocks a 22" tire, and it is a 1.75", not a 3". Neither stocks a tube in that size either. Nor rims or wheels. Even spokes in the correct length would likely be difficult to find.

Congratulations. This bike now makes some sense.
If anyone asks me what I think about the RW4, I know what I will say, "Stay away!"

Timpo

I use two suppliers. Only one stocks a 22" tire, and it is a 1.75", not a 3". Neither stocks a tube in that size either. Nor rims or wheels. Even spokes in the correct length would likely be difficult to find.

If anyone asks me what I think about the RW4, I know what I will say, "Stay away!
That really is going to cause serious inconvenience.

You can't even get your flat tire serviced at LBS 😆

RadWagon is designed for everyday use, not a recreational toy like downhill bike.

I use my Juiced for commuting, and I know how frustrating it can be, when your chain snaps or get a flat tire.

rich c

If anyone asks me what I think about the RW4, I know what I will say, "Stay away!"
How many tires have you gone through with your eBikes? I've only gotten to 3,800 miles, and it's hard to see any wear on mine. Just get a couple of tubes when you order the bike, and I'd say you are good to go for years!

Nova Haibike

How many tires have you gone through with your eBikes? I've only gotten to 3,800 miles, and it's hard to see any wear on them. Just get a couple of tubes when you order the bike, and I'd say you are good to go for years!
As you know, I run a co-op. It is not only about wear. Stuff happens. Tires fail from defects, blowouts, massive cuts, poor maintenance, etc. Most people do not work on their own bike, nor do they do not keep tubes or tires. Heck, many people can't even pump up a tire, let alone even own a pump.

I just don't see the benefit of buying a bike with the one thing that wears the most that you can't get anywhere other than from Rad.