Redshift ShockStop seatpost and stem installed

Taylor57

Good to hear you will be back on the bike! ;)

Does the single elastomer provide balanced shock absorption... ie., even damping on both the right and left sides of the handlebars?

I will let you know after my ride tomorrow. Just got clearance for riding, golf and swimming. (and some indoor sports we cant mention on this family friendly forum!)

percymon

From my research, and almost certain imminent purchase, the elastomers do seem to take a few rides to bed in and soften. For those with the 6’ stem I’d suggest you don’t jump straight to the softest elastomers, and give the medium range ones time to get run in

Latitude

From my research, and almost certain imminent purchase, the elastomers do seem to take a few rides to bed in and soften. For those with the 6’ stem I’d suggest you don’t jump straight to the softest elastomers, and give the medium range ones time to get run in
I have been riding for a couple thousand km on my ShockStop seat post and stem now, and agree percymon. There is lots of time to finesse the settings and inserts. Meanwhile, both will serve you much better than rigid posts or stems. I did a 35 km ride through my nearby Provincial Park including many km of newly readied cross country grassy ski trails. I could feel the difference the Redshift components were making quite frequently. My bike is basically a commuter one, but these additions make it very capable on moderately challenging trails. And comfortable on roads.

Attachments

• 6DD9C978-A157-41DD-9E1A-04036BFA4887.jpeg
    6DD9C978-A157-41DD-9E1A-04036BFA4887.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: