(Refund Refused/More Issues) My Experience - Brand New Stromer. 3 months of ownership, 2 months of repairs.

Did the dealer ask you to bring the bike to them? I believe they did. This means they are still working with you. The fact they are far from where you live is something you accepted when you entered into a contract with them.

Stromer has a product with a comprehensive warranty that is supported by dealers. It's a product that requires dealer support, full stop. I agree the dealer has let you down and should resolve the situation.

Yes I know they are required to investigate. It is also my understanding that a charge back can be valid if the product is "Not as described", and "defective" falls under that category as well.

To be clear, my issue is with both the shop and Stromer for different reasons.

FlatSix911

Did the dealer ask you to bring the bike to them? I believe they did. This means they are still working with you. The fact they are far from where you live is something you accepted when you entered into a contract with them.

Stromer has a product with a comprehensive warranty that is supported by dealers. It's a product that requires dealer support, full stop. I agree the dealer has let you down and should resolve the situation.
The dealer is playing games with the OP and has already demonstrated bad faith in the process.

I would recommend playing hardball and working directly with the credit card company... see below.

Update from Stromer direct: they responded with saying it is the merchant's responsibility to offer a refund, while the bike shop is saying it is up to Stromer.

Sigh

I agree that my distance from the dealer is my issue, and I've never made that a point against the dealer. I've said as much in the posts.

My point of the distance I've traveled is more of a knock agaisnt the limited Stromer network, and one of the reasons I say to stay away from Stromer.

In any event, six repairs deserves a refund no questions asked.

I get what you're saying, and believe me I do have sympathy for the hassles you're going through.

But something about the "limited Stromer network" critique doesn't add up. Didn't you say there was a Stromer dealer near you, but you chose to go to Wisconsin to save money? Couldn't you still go to that dealer close to you to have the work done (presuming they know what they are doing), pay any additional charges beyond what is covered by warranty, and ask for reimbursement from the dealer where you bought your bike? It wouldn't have been six repairs if the repairs had been done correctly.

Is the dealer you purchased from known for offering great internet deals on older discontinued stock, "demos", return bikes, etc., and shipping those bikes in unbuilt condition? Nothing wrong with saving money, but I would say Stromer's main fault here was in working with the dealer who sold you the bike, not in having too limited a dealer network.

I do hope you get your refund or a satisfactory resolution of another kind, good luck.

I agree that my distance from the dealer is my issue, and I've never made that a point against the dealer. I've said as much in the posts.

My point of the distance I've traveled is more of a knock agaisnt the limited Stromer network, and one of the reasons I say to stay away from Stromer.

In any event, six repairs deserves a refund no questions asked.

But something about the "limited Stromer network" critique doesn't add up. Didn't you say there was a Stromer dealer near you, but you chose to go to Wisconsin to save money? Couldn't you still go to that dealer close to you to have the work done (presuming they know what they are doing), pay any additional charges beyond what is covered by warranty, and ask for reimbursement from the dealer where you bought your bike?
I mentioned this in a previous post, but my nearby dealer was asking me to pay for all labor, plus $75 just to diagnose. Going through reimbursement would be a hassle itself. They also told me they'll stop selling Stromer bikes soon due to the trouble they were to deal with.

Otherwise, there is no closer dealer than Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Personally I would have paid the local dealer for the repairs to save the hassle of travel, and then played hardball with Wisconsin about the additional expenses, probably would have been $300 or so. You are going to have to take the bike back to get a refund in any case, no one is going to refund thousands of dollars without you returning the product first. You do have a right to a product that functions as it should.

[edit:] After checking out the website of your local dealer, I wouldn't be confident in them having the needed skills either... sad. I know for a fact that Stromer does stand behind their product, but you definitely benefit by having a dealer with deep knowledge of the product nearby.

Last edited: