Ride1Up 700 Series Chain Falling Off Front Chain Ring

Taylor

Region
USA
Donald Penn, thank you for this information. V helpful in (hopefully) nipping this problem in the bud. I’m about to swing by Home Depot/Lowe’s to pick up those 5 washers before my 700 arrives so that the bike mechanic can install them (in lieu of what R1U sends) when he assembles the bike. QUESTION: what is the thickness of the washers are you using? Or does it matter? I’ve been able to find washers w/the dimensions you recommend, but the thickness of these washers does vary. Thanks very much for your earliest reply. This is a Christmas present for husband that I am racing to get properly assembled in advance of the big day.

THANK YOU!!

Taylor

Region
USA
Time is no longer of the essence, obviously, but an answer would be most appreciated. Thickness of washers you recommend, please?

cldlhd

Time is no longer of the essence, obviously, but an answer would be most appreciated. Thickness of washers you recommend, please?
I'm not saying you won't need the washers but I've had my 700 series since late August and the chain has never fallen off, knock on wood.