Ride1Up 700 vs Surface604 Shred vs Voltbike Outback

doeweb

Looking more towards the Surface 604 Shred, but others offer good value and was wondering what others opinion are? I prefer to have 10 speeds or less, throttle option, hydraulic brakes, comfortable, reliable and more of a weekend warrior of hard surface with occasional trail riding. The Shred seems to fit the bill in all of my categories. Like that the shred has wider tires. Not sure if I would need or even like the full suspension bike. I'm also considering the Rad Power Mission bike if it comes down to price. Likely get the wife the Rad Power Mission bike. My budget is 2500 or less and I live in Minnesota.

WattsUpDude

With that price range, you can go with a middrive bike. The REI Co-op CTY e2.2 and Yamaha Cross Core are excellent values. They don’t go as fast on flat pavement as the Surface or have a throttle but if you have any hills to contend with, any of the middrive bikes will be much more efficient.

doeweb

Thank you, it's a tough match up between the Ride1Up 700 and the Shred. I have seen videos of peoples customer service responses from Ride1Up that is a bit concerning. The biggest question comes down to 600 price difference between the Ride1Up 700 and Shred.

The shred does offer some upgrades to torque sensor instead of a cadence. Bafang motor that appears to be a bit quieter (no biggie for me), little more torque.