Riese & Müller Delite review

RMK!

Kickstand, yes or no?

My 2019 Delite GX Extreme Rohloff HS came without a kickstand. There seem to be several who have had to modify their kickstands to stop them from rattling. I like the utility of a kickstand but do not want to add a rattle producing component on the bike. This (Pletscher Comp 40 Flex) is the model R&M uses on my bike. The frame is drilled for a kickstand so is this all I need?
Comments are appreciated.

SD2021

Not sure if the OEM kickstand develops noises over time but no rattles or noise from mine, identical to your link photo, on dirt/grass/gravel trails. In addition to that concern I also wondered how stable it would be considering the weight forward of it. Much to my surprise the bike has remained vertical in a number of questionable spots.

RMK!

Not sure if the OEM kickstand develops noises over time but no rattles or noise from mine, identical to your link photo, on dirt/grass/gravel trails. In addition to that concern I also wondered how stable it would be considering the weight forward of it. Much to my surprise the bike has remained vertical in a number of questionable spots.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm ordering today.

webcurl

Noise from Bosch is minimal, and when you're outdoors it gets drowned out by the level of background noise anyway. Noise from Rohloff on some of the lower gears is very pronounced and sounds a bit weird.
Hi, have you upgraded to a Gen4 Delite/SuperDelite or still getting your money's worth out of all the mod's you did?

RMK!

Anything with a computer in it.
Guess I misunderstood what Law was saying. I thought he meant that a product like wine gets better with age. He was referring to product evolution and on that we can agree.

Since this is a Delite review Thread, I continue to have nothing but good things to say about my GX Extreme Rohloff HS. I had a beautiful 43 mile ride this morning (took just over 2 hours) to this reservoir near my home. Its Folsom Lake near the prison Johnny Cash made famous. Note, the dropper post at full extension and the riding seat height on this 56cm frame. :eek:

What shocked me about this ride was the lakes water level. Normally the expanse of mostly barren land beyond the bike is underwater. Seems drought conditions are back here in CA just in time for fire season. So climate change is fake news and the Clintons drink baby blood ... What a Country!

Attachments

• -760816825_20210602_083035_10767520_resized.jpg
    -760816825_20210602_083035_10767520_resized.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 48
  • -759893304_20210602_083003_9582863_resized.jpg
    -759893304_20210602_083003_9582863_resized.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 46

webcurl

Since this is a Delite review Thread, I continue to have nothing but good things to say about my GX Extreme Rohloff HS.
Curious about what is this "Extreme" you include in your model spec, is it your's or your dealers terminology?
I can't see it or remember it as part of R&M terminology.

RMK!

Curious about what is this "Extreme" you include in your model spec, is it your's or your dealers terminology?
I can't see it or remember it as part of R&M terminology.
When I go to My Bike on the Riese and Muller website, that is their description of my bike. It is a late 2019 model (note visible batteries) so that may explain the unfamiliar description. Perhaps Extreme was the precursor to Super designating the 2 battery version.

RMK!

Hi temp ride. Although I rode early, it topped out at 111 degrees yesterday and the large insulated Fabric bottle was needed. That was a 50.3 mile ride with 6-7 miles on single track trail and jeep road around a lake (85% Tour mode). It took me 2.3 hours to complete with an average cadence of 80 but I needed Sport and Turbo mode as well as the low gears to get up the steepest/rough terrain.

The bikes capability gives me the confidence to ride harder and take on trails that push me to the limits. I had to stop and walk it up for the first time on a steep/rough trail section that I started in 3rd gear. I should have dropped to 2nd or even 1st gear before the climb but as great as the Rohloff is, shifting underload is not an option so I tried to power through. Understanding yours and the bikes limits is helpful if you want to stay healthy and capable of these activities.

The Delite GX Rohloff E14 dual battery is such a versatile and fast bike that works great as a somewhat stout mountain bike while being a very capable mile gobbler on paved trails/roads. I'm starting to feel like a shill for R&M but I just can't say enough good stuff about this bike. This is a case where I have found a perfect match for my large frame, age and riding style. Having just turned 70, I'm still working and have discovered bike riding as a sport I can do alone, keeps me fit and provides a healthy fun activity. I have no doubt there are other bikes that would work for me but having owned and ridden many ebikes, this one is the one I hope to ride for as long as I'm capable.

Alanzo

Hi temp ride. Although I rode early, it topped out at 111 degrees yesterday and the large insulated Fabric bottle was needed. That was a 50.3 mile ride with 6-7 miles on single track trail and jeep road around a lake (85% Tour mode). It took me 2.3 hours to complete with an average cadence of 80 but I needed Sport and Turbo mode as well as the low gears to get up the steepest/rough terrain.

The bikes capability gives me the confidence to ride harder and take on trails that push me to the limits. I had to stop and walk it up for the first time on a steep/rough trail section that I started in 3rd gear. I should have dropped to 2nd or even 1st gear before the climb but as great as the Rohloff is, shifting underload is not an option so I tried to power through. Understanding yours and the bikes limits is helpful if you want to stay healthy and capable of these activities.

The Delite GX Rohloff E14 dual battery is such a versatile and fast bike that works great as a somewhat stout mountain bike while being a very capable mile gobbler on paved trails/roads. I'm starting to feel like a shill for R&M but I just can't say enough good stuff about this bike. This is a case where I have found a perfect match for my large frame, age and riding style. Having just turned 70, I'm still working and have discovered bike riding as a sport I can do alone, keeps me fit and provides a healthy fun activity. I have no doubt there are other bikes that would work for me but having owned and ridden many ebikes, this one is the one I hope to ride for as long as I'm capable.
Excellent effort and very respectful especially in high heat👍

Sometime in the future if you have funds available an extra battery may be a good option. I take an extra battery with when I do a solo metric in turbo. Only takes a minute to stop riding and change the battery. It's fun to go fast with the Delite and you accomplished that goal on your ride.

RMK!

Excellent effort and very respectful especially in high heat👍

Sometime in the future if you have funds available an extra battery may be a good option. I take an extra battery with when I do a solo metric in turbo. Only takes a minute to stop riding and change the battery. It's fun to go fast with the Delite and you accomplished that goal on your ride.
Good suggestion. I try to stay in Tour mode as much as possible and that extends the dual battery range out to approx 80 miles. I may keep an eye out for a 3rd battery and do some longer faster rides using more Sport and Turbo. Fast is fun ... :)