Riese & Müller or Riese & Mueller or Riese & Muller

Chris Nolte

Well-Known Member
Since we started working with Riese & Müller here in the US we needed to try to understand this new letter not used in English, "ü".

I figured it might be good to have a post about it because it commonly causes confusion. After speaking with Heiko Müller the co-founder of the company I came to learn the English translation is Mueller. I listed an excerpt below from Wikipedia explaining the translation.

A glyph, U with umlaut, appears in the German alphabet. It represents the umlauted form of u, which results in the same sound as the [y]. It can also represent [ʏ]. The letter is collated together with U, or as UE.

All that being said it seems the most common translation is Riese & Muller based on what Google tells us. This might seem like a minor point, but I figured it would be good to mention since it caused me a lot of confusion.

However you spell it one thing is clear, these guys make some awesome bikes! They have been for sometime and we're super stoked about them coming to the US!

Note: if you want to use the ü it should show as an option if you hold the u down for a second on your keyboard. If that doesn't work try this.