Rize RX - First E-bike experience and review

Brighamdoc

Just got a new 2020 Rize RX yesterday
I shot video of building it last night
Well my wife patiently did
I’ll try and post that tonight and a quick first ride

94072D18-D9E4-44A0-B914-8D1F6DC3A04F.jpeg

Spatzi

Good luck. Hope you don’t have the same problem as I did with my two new bikes: leisure and rx pro. All four sets of brake pads had to be replaced due to extreme ‘water in the plumbing‘ noise on braking. Let me know how yours do. The noise didn’t start until 20 Km. Let me know if your pads actually aligned right out of the box Without adjustment.

GenXrider

Be careful with those highest gears. I think the issue is more when using the highest gears when first taking off. That mid-drive is harder on the bike's drive train. More detail in one of the threads in this Rize section of the forum.

Brighamdoc

Thanks for the heads up!

I still haven't made it home from work so hopefully edit and post tomorrow.
Rode the bike to work and around a little today. Very solid and fun.

I understand the "too much power" thing. I am used to riding an old mountain bike so I live in lower gears.
I have borrowed and rented a couple of E-bikes before my purchase and this bike blows them away with power.
Didn't really even use 7-9 because I was riding in my little town and tried to obey the 25 MPH limit on most our roads.
In eco mode /pedal assist 2-3 / 6th gear I could easily maintain 20 MPH with very light pedaling.

I live in the foothills of our town so I spent quite of bit of time trying to bed in the brakes - never coming to a full stop and just feathering.
Spending a bit on new brake pads may be in the future but we'll see. I rode about 16 miles (25 km) and the brakes seem to be fine.

WildWillie

Brighamdoc - Ordered my Rize RX a few weeks back. Waiting on shipment. Excited to hear more about your experience and see the videos.

Brighamdoc

Part 3 mostly looking at the built bike
Beware some info may be wrong!
I’m on that steep part of the learning curve
Pardon my very amateurish video

ElevenAD

Good luck. Hope you don’t have the same problem as I did with my two new bikes: leisure and rx pro. All four sets of brake pads had to be replaced due to extreme ‘water in the plumbing‘ noise on braking. Let me know how yours do. The noise didn’t start until 20 Km. Let me know if your pads actually aligned right out of the box Without adjustment.
I saw your video on you tube and I just subscribed to your channel,I have an RX on the way,hope there are no issues

Last edited:

Kevin8tor

Excellent information. I do have an RX Pro on order for September delivery, and also saw your Youtube post - thanks! If nothing else, knowing about the brakes in advance is a help. Keep posting as you break in the bike and continue to form opinions about it's performance and quirks, shortcomings, etc.