Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

RabH

A damp 56 miles today but at least it wasn't cold for a change, I woke to damp conditions but decided to take a chance and go out early as there were conflicting weather forecasts! It paid off as I was 2 miles from home and the rain was getting heavy...now the weather has really closed in so I was very lucky! My 2019 total is now 3,505 miles from 61 rides which gives me an average mileage of 57.4 miles! Not many photos today due to the inclement weather!

Attachments

Saratoga Dave

Well, I did for about fifty feet anyhow... after that it was hike a bike till it dried out and I looped back on roads instead of the path later on. Nice ride along a small lake that I usually only do on weekends when people expect to see cyclists out there. This time of year I think it’s chancier than ever to be on the roads since they’re not really expecting people out on bikes.

A teeny bit sore here and there but all part of the adventure! Last time I did this trick it was near Lake Placid in some very soft sand off the road shoulder on a HOT summer day. This time I had a lot more clothes on, no road (or ice) rash.

steve mercier

Well, I did for about fifty feet anyhow... after that it was hike a bike till it dried out and I looped back on roads instead of the path later on. Nice ride along a small lake that I usually only do on weekends when people expect to see cyclists out there. This time of year I think it’s chancier than ever to be on the roads since they’re not really expecting people out on bikes.

A teeny bit sore here and there but all part of the adventure! Last time I did this trick it was near Lake Placid in some very soft sand off the road shoulder on a HOT summer day. This time I had a lot more clothes on, no road (or ice) rash.
sounds like you got off lucky! "When lonely feelings chill the meadows of your mind, Just think if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?"

Readytoride

32 miles today. Started out with the temperature at 37 degrees Fahrenheit, but by the time I hit 22 mi the temps were up to 58 degrees Fahrenheit. If I didn't have a 2:30 riding engagement with a friend, I would have kept on going to the bottom of my battery! As it was, I had only six miles left on a very rolling route, half gravel half paved road, and I was getting hungry for lunch. Attached is one of the photos from today. Now in the barn saddling up the horse to go out for another seven or eight miles. I think I'm going to sleep good tonight!
IMG_20191126_120404731_HDR-600x800.jpg

As excited as I was for some "high water" to run through and test my ebike, I was a bit nervous. Turns out the water, at its deepest, was about 4". I took the 1" deep route where the road gravel had piled itself. Didn't even get my rims wet, just my tires. I need to explore this road again after a good rain as I know from past experience that the roadside creek overruns this gravel road pretty badly when it rains heavily.
IMG_20191126_123620805_HDR-600x800.jpg

At 29 miles, just 3 miles from home. Always loved this view looking south down the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia towards Shenandoah National Park in the far distance. This is one of my VDOT Adopt-A-road sections - 4 miles of the 10 miles our farm has adopted for litter cleanup.

Last edited:

Saratoga Dave

A sunny day over 50 degrees farenheit, most likely the last of its kind this year... so, a short ride through the Revolutionary War, at the Saratoga National Battlefield. About 11 miles around a closed loop of a single lane, one way road with a bike lane, very low speed limit and no reason for anyone to be in a hurry. Today only one other cyclist, a couple of walkers with or without dogs, and four smiling people on horseback. Not a single car all the way around. This is a great place, very lovely, the safety of a bike path but with good sized hills and drenched in history.

IMG_3284.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

Im limping around a bit after yesterday's unplanned dismount, but turns out I can pedal the bike just fine. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA, and a good Thursday to the rest of the outfit as well.

PaD

No need for a map today. Didn’t ride.
1575055260957.jpeg

I think my bike season is over now. My Vado is dirty after a couple of wet weather ( but still enjoyable) rides the last weeks so I hope there will be at least one day soon with temperatures over 0°C so I can take it outside and clean it before parking it for at least 4 months.

Alaskan

Yesterday I put Schwalbe Smart Sams, a new chain, front sprocket and 11&13 tooth cogs on the rear cassette on the Delight Mountain. I then went for a 50 mile ride out through the farmland surrounding Bellingham in rather chilly weather (36 degrees). The skies were full of migratory water birds including hundreds of Trumpeter Swans. It was a glorious, invigorating ride.

swans.jpg

12_1_ride.jpg

RabH

Last weekend we had freezing fog and ice everywhere and this weekend we have 11C coupled with wind and rain but luckily I managed to grab an opportunity to get out this morning before the winds really pick up and the rain intensifies! I did set off in the rain but it doesn't bother me too much as long as it isn't cold also but the temperature was perfect for a very enjoyable 35 miles, with the weather being so unpredictable I decided to stay local but with amazing roads in my back yard I had a blast :D 3,254 ft of climbing so I did get a good workout!

Tomorrow will bring 50mph gusts so it will be a day to relax indoors I think, I have 3 days off work next week but the forecast isn't looking very promising, any opportunity I do get will be taken with gusto! My 2019 total is now 3,540 miles from 62 rides, average is now 57.09 miles!

Attachments

steve mercier

Yesterday I put Schwalbe Smart Sams, a new chain, front sprocket and 11&13 tooth cogs on the rear cassette on the Delight Mountain. I then went for a 50 mile ride out through the farmland surrounding Bellingham in rather chilly weather (36 degrees). The skies were full of migratory water birds including hundreds of Trumpeter Swans. It was a glorious, invigorating ride.

View attachment 42264

View attachment 42265
Great looking bike ! Do those battery covers increase your range noticeably in the cold and if so where can I find them?

RabH

Yesterday was the first day of my mini break from work but the weather was so bad, luckily I got a break in the weather today and got back just before the rain made its entrance :D Just over 50 miles which I'm more than happy with at this time of year, hoping for another 50 tomorrow if I'm lucky!

Attachments