Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

RabH

Another 50 miler today (51.8 to be exact) in really nice weather for the time of year, looks like I picked the right time to take a few days off work :D Tomorrow the storms are returning so I will have an easy day and Sunday is looking promising so maybe another 50 miler on the cards! My 2019 total now stands at 3,643 miles from 64 rides, average is now 56.92! My chain jammed at one point today between the frame and the smaller chain ring but I managed to free it, after that I was getting a clicking noise whilst pedalling, on inspection I noticed one of my links had broken at the outer plate :( The chain is almost brand new which is a bummer but at least I can fix it!

Attachments

elliot friedman

Another 50 miler today (51.8 to be exact) in really nice weather for the time of year, looks like I picked the right time to take a few days off work :D Tomorrow the storms are returning so I will have an easy day and Sunday is looking promising so maybe another 50 miler on the cards! My 2019 total now stands at 3,643 miles from 64 rides, average is now 56.92! My chain jammed at one point today between the frame and the smaller chain ring but I managed to free it, after that I was getting a clicking noise whilst pedalling, on inspection I noticed one of my links had broken at the outer plate :( The chain is almost brand new which is a bummer but at least I can fix it!
Hope you plan your battery life very carefully......Stunning countryside images.....lucky dude

Alaskan

The weather around here is typically crummy for bike riding, cold, wet and windy. There was a sudden, unpredicted break with some patches of blue, no wind and no liquid descending from the clouds. I grabbed an hour and did an energetic, quick exercise loop with a bit of climbing, arriving home just as dusk was settling. It satisfied my bike jones...for today.

Samish Ride 121419.jpg

RabH

I woke to sleet showers and icy conditions and a bitterly cold wind so I waited to see if the conditions would improve later and luckily they did :) I stuck to the main gritted roads for the most part at first and thankfully the traffic was light, later it started to get busier so I decided to head for the back roads and they were ok so that made the ride much more enjoyable:D Another 50 miler in the bag, I never expected that when I saw the weather this morning! Not many photos today as it was too cold to stop much....

Attachments

David Roy

December has been pretty much a bust for biking around us. Lingering snow and ice on the roads we ride on is the problem. The roads aren't well drained so snow melts and then freezes into large icy spots. Finally had a warm rainstorm that melted the snow and then a dry day in the low 40s f. We had a nice 20+ mile ride while avoiding all gravel roads which were extremely muddy with a still frozen base. I got in another ride yesterday as it was still dry with atemperature around 30ºf. I have found a balaclava, mittens, boots and layers keep the ride comfortable. For winter riding I find uphills preferable to downhills!

No riding today. More snow.
IMG_0523 (1).jpg

David Roy

I'm admiring your dedication. The energizing fun of an ebike beckons us to do things we never would have imagined.
I have to admit that although I knew folks commuted via bicycle in winter, my daughter does in Boston, I never thought of riding for fun and exercise in winter until I joined this forum. Thank you all but especially @Alaskan for the example and encouragement.

marcparnes

My first longish ride of about 25 miles down to Newport Harbor from Huntington Beach, CA. I used to ride down here often on my old Moots bike but as I got older the return sea breeze became an issue and those rides waned. One of the greatest things about having the Superdelite is that I'm now able to make those lost rides again and realizing how much I missed them.

Superdelite1.jpg

Marc

Attachments

Last edited:

David Berry

How do you insert a picture full size in the body of the post vs as an attachment only?
Marc …
Type some text – as I've just done – and then press Command and P (or Control and P) simultaneously as I'm about to do in a moment…

00-photo.jpg

Click on "Drop Image" and choose a photo from your files!

Also…
  • Reduce the physical size of photos – the number of pixels wide and high. 1500 pixels wide is an appropriate maximum.
  • Reduce the quality of the photos – "Medium" is suitable, but always aim for less than 500 kB (half a MB).
For those who don't know how to reduce a photo's size: mail it to yourself choosing "Medium" as the size/quality setting.
… David

Last edited:

PDXzap

Also…
  • Reduce the physical size of photos – the number of pixels wide and high. 1500 pixels wide is an appropriate maximum.
  • Reduce the quality of the photos – "Medium" is suitable, but always aim for less than 500 kB (half a MB).
👍
One thing to remember about posting a full size photo is that it will generally increase the time it takes to load the page and not everyone has, or always has high speed internet. End PSA.

I do ride here but cold and wet have taken over so I snapped this on a walk. It still counts... right?😏

Attachments

Last edited:

steve mercier

My first longish ride of about 25 miles down to Newport Harbor from Huntington Beach, CA. I used to ride down here often on my old Moots bike but as I got older the return sea breeze became an issue and those rides waned. One of the greatest things about having the Superdelite is that I'm now able to make those lost rides again and realizing how much I missed them.

View attachment 42846

Marc
Nice bike!

RabH

52 local miles today, I think the farthest I was from home was around 10 miles so I kept it very local. Over 4,600 ft of climbing kept me nice and warm, although at 5C it wasn't too cold for the time of year! No photos today I'm afraid, I just wanted to ride for a change and ignore my phone :p Tomorrow is looking ok for another 50 miler, at this time of year I take any opportunity that presents itself :)

Attachments

RabH

As predicted I managed another 50 miler (53.4 miles to be exact) and what a great day for cycling, virtually no wind and a pleasant 7C :) I know my luck is going to run out soon with the weather but I'm loving this winter so far! 6 rides in December is almost unheard of so I consider myself very lucky indeed, my 2019 total now stands at 3,798 miles from 67 rides which is an average of 56.68! Time is running out now of course but soon 2020 will be upon us, bring it on :D

Attachments

PDXzap

When I'm riding a bike much like when I'm driving a car, I'm generally reluctant to stop and smell the roses. I've rode past this beaut many times but the road is narrow, steep with no real shoulder and with a fair bit of traffic. It seems way more natural for me to take pictures when I'm out walking.
The ball cap is for size reference.

I'm guessing this is his older, bigger cousin about fifty feet up the road.