SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

dblhelix

Car of the day is this Xmas coloured Chevelle ragtop. View attachment 42153
@steve mercier , I challenge you to a Car of the Day duel, seen while biking. I have an entire archive from biking IA-MI-IN. I’ve come to appreciate old car shows as well. First up, a 1967 Pontiac LeMans. Pictures taken in Mississippi River town McGregor, IA.

Attachments

steve mercier

Today is my birthday. Look at the surprise gift the black bears left in my back yard. Gee thanks but shouldn't you guys be hibernating?
1575224592004.png

steve mercier

Happy birthday Steve!
You have to be indulgent towards the bears. They lack that special feel for what a birthday surprise should be:)
HAHA thanks Pad. Cleaning up other peoples garbage really shines a light on what a wasteful society we are. (-:

steve mercier

Legend has it that this mundane landing was a major launching site for Rum Running. "The first English-Canadian province to repeal Prohibition, BC became the source of much of the liquor smuggled illegally into the US before it too finally repealed its legislation in 1933. " "Rum Running of liquor from Canada or from Canadian ships to American boats off the US coast was a profitable business. Unlike the activities on the Atlantic, the Pacific Rum Running trade was much smaller and thus immune from Mafia interests. "
1575235182374.png

steve mercier

"Rum runners in BC would sail up and down the coast, often with tens of thousands of cases tucked in away on lumber ships. One of such ships being the infamous Malahat, known as the Queen of Rum Row. "
1575235367209.png

dblhelix

Are you sure it is a Corvette? It is very cool. It looks more like a Thunderbird or a Lincoln Continental?
I thought the badge is Corvette-specific, but maybe I’m wrong. More research needed. Almost all the Thunderbirds I’ve seen have it spelled out, no?

Here is a ‘55 Thunderbird and it’s a good match, except for the badge:

Last edited: