SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

David Berry

That's cheating!

2019-12-06-liane-comp.jpg

• QLD Rego Checker – identifies oddballs like Liane's Nissan Figaro.
  • Ride with GPS – the Figaro was in Woody Point, southern end of peninsula; purple = bikeways; red = my track.
  • BOM Site – Bureau of Meteorology; nice to be 'cooled' by a breeze from the hot, dry continental interior. The weekend will be warmer.

Last edited:

steve mercier

Wow I am glad it only feels like 35.2. I have no experience with that temperature and I don't think I would handle it well at 41.7 On the other hand that seaside route looks awesome! We are often looking at 100% chance of rain here and you have 0%. I would be more than willing to share some with you.

Last edited:

PaD

I have a funny memory from my youth with a Citroen 2CV involved.
In 1968 my parents somehow managed to save up money to send me to France for a month during summer to study French language. It was a group of students, 16-18 years old, and we were all accomodated in French families.
One evening I was going to a club or discotheque with some young French people and we were going in a 2CV and we were like 7 people in that little car. So much is possible when you’re young.
We ran into a police control and before coming to a stop the girl driving said ”Sh.t I will get a ticket for this, they don’t like overloaded cars.”
When the police officer looked into the car to address the driver I leaned forward and said ” Bonsoir Monsieur Clément”. The officer let out a deep sigh and without a word just waved to us to go on.
We left under silence but after a few seconds everybody started asking ” What happenend, why... ?”
I explained that was staying with the Clément family, the police officer, his wife and children.
I like Citroëns :)

Last edited:

dblhelix

Studebakers in the wild .... Not South Bend, IN, but while I was riding through Waverly, IA, I happened upon a restored Shell gas station which now operates as a museum of gas station memorabilia and restored cars. It was not open, and there is no web site, but outside I found two Studebakers, one of them for sale. I’d say 1962 Lark and 1951 Champion.

Attachments

steve mercier

I appreciate a good riding-weather day in December and try not to waste it. There is however a downside to carrying 3 batteries and the kitchen sink on an Ebike. I cannot lift it over trouble spots.
1575935127584.png