SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

PaD

Ama Dablam on the right; Everest in distance on extreme left.

Yes. We were on our way to Thyangboche. I've added a photo for Steve's mountain airport collection – Lukla seen from the cliff at the end of the runway.
View attachment 44210
Naw, that’s not a runway. This is a runway😄 ( well, actually the same but before asphalt was put on top of the grass)
I got the seat to right of the pilot in the Pilatus Porter and took some photos during our approach. So here are three more for Steve’s collection. Now I have to get back and try to get a picture like yours with Ama Dablam and Everest in one shot. I remember seeing Everest for the first time on our way up to Thyangboche.
1579295896097.jpeg

1579296016372.jpeg

1579296063004.jpeg

Last edited:

steve mercier

That peak must be AmaDablam in Nepal. I was trekking there in 1977. Was the photo shot from or near Tyangboche?
Ama Dablam on the right; Everest in distance on extreme left.

Yes. We were on our way to Thyangboche. I've added a photo for Steve's mountain airport collection – Lukla seen from the cliff at the end of the runway.
View attachment 44210
OH (((((( NOOOO )))))...that cannot be a runway...that is a nightmare!

steve mercier

Naw, that’s not a runway. This is a runway😄 ( well, actually the same but before asphalt was put on top of the grass)
I got the seat to right of the pilot in the Pilatus Porter and took some photos during our approach. So here are three more for Steve’s collection. Now I have to get back and try to get a picture like yours with Ama Dablam and Everest in one shot. I remember seeing Everest for the first time on our way up to Thyangboche.
View attachment 44213

View attachment 44214

View attachment 44215
Say it ain't so PaD....that is impossible

PaD

Say it ain't so PaD....that is impossible
True it is.
Surprisingly I was the only one in our company who wanted to sit by the pilot.
The airline had overbooked so instead of flying a Twin Otter they put us in the smaller plane and said they would bring our luggage with a later Twin Otter flight. I wasn”t really comfortable until the our stuff arrived at Lukla.

David Berry

The airline had overbooked so instead of flying a Twin Otter they put us in the smaller plane.
DHC-6 Twin Otter – an iconic Canadian aircraft. I first flew in one from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar in 1968, then from Kabul to Bamiyan in 1969 (before the Buddhas were destroyed), Entebbe to Murchison Falls (Victoria Nile in Uganda) in 1970 and from Kathmandu to Lukla in 2007.

Now back to bicycles with some photos taken in Kathmandu (visited 1970 on my own; 2001 with Jen; 2007 with son Ben and brother Rob)…

b_1500_526.jpg

Last edited:

Camac

Going back to that photo of Davids 165mile ride with Mt Ruapehu in the background. Lake Taupo in the foreground is the crater of a volcano which blew about 1800 years ago. It was the biggest in the world in the previous 5000 years. Some reports of ash in China and in Rome.

steve mercier

Anyone care to guess what makes these prints? Hint: notice how deep they sink in. Update ...no takers ...nada...zip..crickets ... zzz, ...so anyway the answer is Black bear
1579728702253.png

Last edited:

steve mercier

This old train station made history in 1875 as the location of the western terminus of the Trans Canada railroad that spanned 4700 km from Port Moody to Montreal, thus uniting Canada from Pacific to Atlantic.
1580077723816.png

Last edited:

Stefan Mikes

Yes, I took my DSLR camera and the tripod for a 21-km long pleasure ride. Here, there is locally famous "Junkyard by the Tank" in Pruszków (our county capital). They say the T-55 tank is fully operable and could move on own engine if needed. However, it is not the major attraction of the site. Inside a hall, there is "Steel Figures Gallery". Some artists began creating pop-culture based steel sculptures several years ago, and the artefacts are on exhibition (tickets available at the office to the right hand side). It was not my plan to visit the gallery this time but I will show some pictures from my previous visit there.

1580392108230.png

1580392715135.png

1580392779794.png

1580392899814.png

1580392987055.png

Last edited:

steve mercier

Yes, I took my DSLR camera and the tripod for a 21-km long pleasure ride. Here, there is locally famous "Junkyard by the Tank" in Pruszków (our county capital). They say the T-55 tank is fully operable and could move on own engine if needed. However, it is not the major attraction of the site. Inside a hall, there is "Steel Figures Gallery". Some artists began creating pop-culture based steel sculptures several years ago, and the artefacts are on exhibition (tickets available at the office to the right hand side). It was not my plan to visit the gallery this time but I will show some pictures from my previous visit there.

View attachment 44749

View attachment 44750
View attachment 44751
View attachment 44753
View attachment 44754
That Buffalo is cool!