So I derestricted my Brose motor

ChezCheese:)

Region
USA
City
Kitsap Co, WA
On my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro. Just by using the "move the magnet to the pedal crank" method. It does work, but it confuses the heck out of the controller stats, which I knew it would. It also seemed to reduce the torque, but I could have been mistaken. But one thing it does is, as everyone said it would, eat up battery. I just wanted to sometimes be able to do 22-23 without that tug at 19.5mph. (I mean, I do boogie along above the pedal assist level on straightaways and descents, but that tug at 19.5 is so annoying, ya know?)

But I'm going to put it back, I think. I've gotten used to how my display shows me my speed and cadence and etc - - stats I never had before, but are kinda fun. I am not commuting, there's no place I have to get to in such a hurry that the extra few more assisted mph will make a difference. I don't need more. I guess I'm not Johnny Rocco in Key Largo:

Readytoride

Region
USA
City
Loudoun County, Virginia
I have a BadAss ready to go on my Giant LaFree to push it from a Class 1 to a Class 3, but waiting for the motor to be out of warranty (May 2021) before I up the Class. I agree that the cutoff at 19.5mph sucks because my sweet spot is also 22-24mph, but in the back of my mind I always wondered why people would derestrict a bike for a while, then go back to the bike's original setup. I use RwGPS and Map My Ride for my stats since I don't have visual displays on the LaFree.

I don't worry about the battery. I just worry about not having the amount of assist to give me the speed I might want when I need it.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
I have a BadAss ready to go on my Giant LaFree to push it from a Class 1 to a Class 3, but waiting for the motor to be out of warranty (May 2021) before I up the Class. I agree that the cutoff at 19.5mph sucks because my sweet spot is also 22-24mph, but in the back of my mind I always wondered why people would derestrict a bike for a while, then go back to the bike's original setup. I use RwGPS and Map My Ride for my stats since I don't have visual displays on the LaFree.

I don't worry about the battery. I just worry about not having the amount of assist to give me the speed I might want when I need it.
A proper Class 3 e-bike is designed to be ridden fast. Starting with possibly a large battery, proper gearing, even tyres used matter. Yes, I derestricted my Giant e-MTB. Only for escaping dire road situations, really. My Trance E+ hates to be ridden fast (it loves off-road where you don't really ride fast except of descends). On contrary, my "Speed" Vado behaves as an agile steed! :)