SONDORS is releasing it's first mid-drive EBikes.

CityExplorer

If the price increases too much, then the bikes won't be that interesting (at least to me). I think they will keep the prices not far from this so called introductory price, if they don't then it's really a different Sondors company. The presentation was informative, but not very professional. Storm should shut-up when he says he will; he ruined the flow.

That said, the first shipment of these bikes will be very interesting to watch.

tedpenman

He stated in the live video intro to the new line of bikes that they would go up to about mid 3k to get to market price. clearly those bikes will not stay at 2k. it is a deal right now, thus why they sold out in just weeks. i don't agree with you, its elite class, not an introductory line of bikes. Sondors will remain the same....buy the lower line of bikes if you want a bike more inline with your budget.

Ebiker33

That video showing the real Ebikes, helps a lot, for the price you just can't go wrong on these units, later as time goes on you can upgrade components.
Also 9 Pas settings is extra detailed, most Ebikes only have 5.

tedpenman

That is very true...I would have no issues investing in better components but I doubt Sonors will make a Ferrari with Ford parts. The industry knows with that powerful motor you need quality components to withstand the power. Well, we will find out in about a month! I have a Radmini that has 5 Pas. I think the added levels will let me fine tune the speed and control i want.

reed scott

OK, Hand me that plate of crow. I kvetched about the way Sondors brought these out but now they have stepped up to the plate with proper info and display. This looks like a worthy bike. Especially for the price. And it is obviously a decent sized bike. I am not a fan of the monstrous downtube style but I can't put this bike down so far. Sondors should get a pro spokesperson or two though. He is the furthest thing from. The guy is weird. They should follow Biktrix policy and put a configurator on their site and let people choose some options. Last I looked they did not have any such possibility.

reed scott

He stated in the live video intro to the new line of bikes that they would go up to about mid 3k to get to market price. clearly those bikes will not stay at 2k. it is a deal right now, thus why they sold out in just weeks. i don't agree with you, its elite class, not an introductory line of bikes. Sondors will remain the same....buy the lower line of bikes if you want a bike more inline with your budget.

Actually at first he said 4k then kinda backed out of that to mid 3s. Looks like a 4k bike to me.

nufo

The matte black Rockstar looks great... EXCEPT for those tan walled tires. Why oh why did they go with that combination? Also, the size/thickness of the battery tube/frame seems huge. I'll wait for reviews and more pictures, but hopefully the price doesn't increase soon.

rich c

The matte black Rockstar looks great... EXCEPT for those tan walled tires. Why oh why did they go with that combination? Also, the size/thickness of the battery tube/frame seems huge. I'll wait for reviews and more pictures, but hopefully the price doesn't increase soon.
They've already said the next order goes up in price. That was a one time deal to create excitement on the new style bike.

nufo

They've already said the next order goes up in price. That was a one time deal to create excitement on the new style bike.

I thought the first order was already over and will be delivered in October? If I go to the website I can still order the Rockstar for the introductory price. Granted delivery won't be till early next year. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks.

tedpenman

I think and I could be wrong but the purchase of the bike next year not when you receive it will increase. Meaning when you purchase it next calendar year, in January it will be at a higher price. So purchase now!

CityExplorer

Marketing you know... he didn't seem sure on what the price will be... Just saying if the price moves to far then they don't have the same appeal.

"buy the lower line of bikes if you want a bike more inline with your budget."
I don't think you know my budget, it is well beyond what Sonders is talking about for the right bike. I've spent around 8K on two bikes, batteries and accessories so far, and getting a good idea what I want in my next bike. If I find the right bike I will buy it. I would buy the Klever X-Speed Pinion right now just for fun, even though it is not perfect; but it is not available in the US.

Still I don't want to spend more than I have to, and in general e-bikes are over priced so I like companies that can deliver more value. It's only important to have the core components solid and a solid design, as one can add the quality of accessories they need if the bike is designed to accept standard accessories. Long term support would be nice, but unfortunately the world has changed, so I'm not really expecting any manufacturer to offer that, but I expect a bike I can maintain myself and get 3rd party support for.

Last edited:

Taylor57

I thought the first order was already over and will be delivered in October? If I go to the website I can still order the Rockstar for the introductory price. Granted delivery won't be till early next year. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks.

It was 2499 if you ordered for a October delivery and 2599 for a Jan 2021 delivery

tedpenman

All I know, is that for the LX ($1,999) and the Rockstar ($2500) is a steal and I wouldn't expect those prices to stay there. Sondors stated I am rewarding those that buy early that believe in the company and bikes. They will increase as they should to stay with market....how much is the question.

rich c

All I know, is that for the LX ($1,999) and the Rockstar ($2500) is a steal and I wouldn't expect those prices to stay there. Sondors stated I am rewarding those that buy early that believe in the company and bikes. They will increase as they should to stay with market....how much is the question.
The two things Sondors does really well is build quick loyalty and knows how to market. He makes people believe that he is doing them a favor. There are owners that 5 to 6 of his eBikes. You get what you pay for with their bikes, it's not a steal. You still get the best customer service from other owners on a Facebook page. I don't buy into it and that's why I'm not an early adopter.

Last edited:

Taylor57

All I know is the Rockstar is 2600

tedpenman

All i know is that am getting a bike i otherwise couldn't anywhere else for $1999. Marketing or not...no one can beat that price for what i am getting.

rich c

All i know is that am getting a bike i otherwise couldn't anywhere else for $1999. Marketing or not...no one can beat that price for what i am getting.
You get all the parts to make it a mtb, but you don't get high quality parts. That's why you get it at the price. Well that and you are willing to pay for something off a computer rendering and help finance the manufacturing and shipping without test riding and knowing what all the features are. I liked the rendering a lot, the prototypes not nearly as much.