Specialized battery solution. Problem solved!

Thomas Jaszewski

Ortlieb. The logo is reflective so it was washed out by the flash.
The Vado frame has a small triangle almost like a mountainbike so I spent some time looking for a bag with the right dimensions. I can still reach the on/off button.
I have triangle bags from 4 sources. One is pure crap the others are OK with some reservations and needed adjustments Will check yours out next!.

PaD

I have triangle bags from 4 sources. One is pure crap the others are OK with some reservations and needed adjustments Will check yours out next!.
It’s got a zipper closure. Seems to be well made but it’s a bit tough to go the last millimeters to make it waterproof.

PaD

Won't the bag overheat the battery in the summer, PaD?
I don’t think so. Of course there is reduced airflow but the bag isn’t supertight on top of the battery.
There is no temp sensor in the battery is there? Would be nice to get info in the Mission Control app

Sierratim

So I got more than just 4 litres of storage when buying the framebag. Extra security for the battery included :)

View attachment 42887

Not really super tight but maybe it helps. The conical shape of the down tube is not ideal when using velcro straps but the bag doesn’t slip.
PaD,

Did this frame bag come with velcro straps that would go around the Vado's battery, or did you need to change these out? Ortlieb's site doesn't specify this.