Hey guys, I recently got a comment on YouTube asking about when and where the Specialized Turbo electric bike will be available. I reached out to Specialized and got the following response and press release. Sounds like it will be hitting stores in early February 2014!
Sincerest apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We have just got back from the Tour Down Under where we had the Turbo available for test rides for the first time in Australia.
We have approximately 15 Dealers across Australia that will stock Turbos within the next couple of weeks. These Dealers are currently going through product training with our education arm of the business and then the bikes will be shipped out to stores.
In Australia, the Turbo has a slightly different offering – the top pedal-assisted speed is 25km/hr – due to Australian regulations, which you may already be aware of. The recommended retail price (RRP) in Australia will be $7,499.
The following Dealers in Australia will be stocking the Turbo:
I hope this helps Court. Please let me know if you require any further information.
- South Australia (SA): Bike Society, JT Cycles
- Queensland (QLD): Planet Cycles, Bicycle Riders, Graceville
- Western Australia (WA): Wembley Cycles, Ride Advice
- New South Wales (NSW): Jet Cycles, Manly Cycles, Woolys Wheels
- Victoria (VIC): Hampton Cycles, Total Rush, Bike Now, Bayswater Cycles