Specialized’s ultra-light 120-mile range e-bike - Turbo Vado SL

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
Friends also laugh at me for wearing the belt & braces :) Yet I cannot imagine not wearing both on a long ride in Softshell pants bought when I was 236 lbs and now am less than 200 :)
Bib shorts or longs are the belt and suspenders of the cycling world... elastic belt plus suspenders! They are super comfortable for long rides. ;)

Last edited:

Captain Slow

What exactly did MTB make for you? I ordered a set of 650bs (same front size as yours), so I’ll have to have them make likely the same thing!

Assuming this is the part?

It was this part

You have to email them and ask for a custom size of 110 mm wide instead of 100 mm.

Yes, that lockring is the correct part.

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Brwinów (PL)
Bib shorts or longs are the belt and suspenders of the cycling world... elastic belt plus suspenders! They are super comfortable for long rides. ;)
Yes. Especially at 30s F :D
Bibs are also extremely comfortable whenever you need to take a piss :D (that's why winter cycling trousers are equipped with a zipper fly).

Sammy M

It's funny how in the Fazua thread many (but not you) said that this type of bike "wasn't for America" because it was too underpowered and didn't "fit the culture". And now suddenly it's the big thing.

Don't want to brag, but we told you so. 🤭
I had Vado 5 for 8 months. Too powerful to ride like a bike. Sold for 80% of new bike price. Big demand for Ebikes💁 SL 5.0 EQ is perfect. Future shock is worth the added price. Will add Thudposter seat post for magic carpet ride

Over50

My next purchase
I just switched out the Thudbuster ST on my Vado SL 5 EQ for the Redshift. Redshift is a little less noticeable and I think a little lighter. Initially I wanted the Cane Creek eeSilk but no longer offered. The Redshift seems similar to it in terms of profile/noticeability and weight. I think it fits better with a light bike motif. Pretty satisfied with it so far. And I'm willing to sell my Thudbuster ST lightly used in great condition.

Copyrider

I had Vado 5 for 8 months. Too powerful to ride like a bike. Sold for 80% of new bike price. Big demand for Ebikes💁 SL 5.0 EQ is perfect. Future shock is worth the added price. Will add Thudposter seat post for magic carpet ride
The same decision was made for me when my Vado 4 was stolen last March--the day before San Francisco went on lockdown. I loved the Vado, but felt it was too boosted and too heavy for the kind of cycling I really wanted to do. Bought a Vado 4 SL and love it!