ST2S for Clydesdale size rider

edoremus

I'm currently looking for a high end e bike which will support my 6'4" 260 lbs frame. Would you recommend a Stromer ST2S or something different. Also I will take the bike off road on reasonably prepared trails and pastures. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

pxpaulx

Four words...don't worry about it! Seriously, way more Clyde than you are and have never broken a bike. No issues with my bulls our haibike, or easy motion before that. I'm sure the st2s will hold up just fine...you're probably even within their actual weight limits!

Ravi Kempaiah

I'm currently looking for a high end e bike which will support my 6'4" 260 lbs frame. Would you recommend a Stromer ST2S or something different. Also I will take the bike off road on reasonably prepared trails and pastures. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
While ST2-S is a great on-road E-bike, it is not designed for any kind of off-road riding.
Also, the at 6ft 4", even a 22" frame would be slightly small for you.

I suggest you look at something like a Haibike or Bulls hardtail with 120mm travel. 55cm or 60cm.

Actually, 60cm Xduro cross or Trekking 5.0 with Bosch CX motor, super moto-X tires and 120mm suspension would be a better fit.

For commuting and on-road riding ST2-S would be great choice.

Jim Kirk

I have an ST2S and I am 6'4" weigh 270 lbs and my inseam is 30-31. I can just stand over my 20" frame. This bike will easily haul you. With this bike I can compete with fast road bikers.

Phanes

I started riding at 310 down to 220 mainly due to my ebike. The ST2 handled me just fine at 310. I must have looked funny to people they were all like how does that old fat man go so fast on a bike. I am only 5' 8" though.

Polycarp

I am 6'4", about 235lbs. I've put about 250 miles on my ST2S commuting to work. I ride paved roads and bike lanes all the way. Some paths I have options to take nicely groomed gravel paths that have some embedded rocks about the size of half a kiwi. I tried it once. Learned my lesson. It's way too rough. I ride with padded mountain bike shorts. I've also got a BodyFloat (which is amazing), and even replaced the Fizik saddle with something with gel. Even with all of these "buffers", the time on the gravel paths I have experienced are too strongly felt on the behind and back. For me, riding the ST2S on such reasonably groomed off-road conditions is not worth the discomfort. This is just my experience. YMMV. Alternatively, the ST2 with fatter tires may be better suited for more off-road riding as you describe.