Step-Thru

Dewey

REI Co-Op Generation e
live.jpg

Dewey

Which Step-Thru Should I Get ?

Looking at the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 .
Haven't ridden it , will have to order online from Specialized .
Any others I should consider ?
If you want to try Bosch consider Ravi’s Zen Samurai Wave step through when that frame arrives, or a Gazelle Ultimate. Depending on what type of riding you do you might also want to look at the Serial 1 Rush/CTY step through, and Evelo Omega.

Last edited:

antboy

Which Step-Thru Should I Get ?

Looking at the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 .
Haven't ridden it , will have to order online from Specialized .
Any others I should consider ?
I'd say something like the Allant 7+ should be on the list... $3000 Canadian cheaper MSRP than the Vado 5.0 at $4999 vs $7999 for the Vado 5. The Allant 7 CAN accommodate the larger 625Wh battery (default is 500), which brings it closer in line to the Vado 5's 710Wh, and probably still a lighter bike and a less expensive one... even if you bought the 500Wh version, and got the 625 battery as a spare.

Of course, there's a thread on here I'd recommend you browse, but I think you already have the link. ;)

tomjasz

Region
USA
City
Minnesnowta
2014 BBS01(a) 2015 KHS Manhattan Smoothie. 2017 and later were dumbed down, no quick release wheels, cheaper rims and Tektro clone brakes. 3000 miles. EM3ev battery 29E cells retired Fall 2021. 20MPH.

pictured in 2015 before upgrades.
5D005266-7EEC-4DE4-B650-355C035D1845.jpeg

Dewey

My Boo Volta. A German brand, sold in the EU, with frames made of bamboo, this Volta model weighs 26kg (57lb). Shimano E5000 motor and Nexus-7 IGH.
my-Volta-E5000-Hintergrund-2022-web.jpg

Last edited:

Dewey

Stella Livorno Premium MDB FI. A Dutch brand, sold in the EU, Bosch Performance Cruise motor, and Nexus-8 IGH
98c0b7efef1312ce67d94e6f3e01.jpeg

Dewey

The Wing Freedom ST, does look similar to the Bird Bike V-frame. VanMoof who inspired these bikes with their original S3/X3 design have a different look to their newer S5/A5 and V models.