Stop Theft?

Machog

Got my new GoCycle, realized its got an on off switch, but no key, no easy way to stop a thief from nabbing it. Other than a chain, any suggestions on how to disable it?

rich c

Got my new GoCycle, realized its got an on off switch, but no key, no easy way to stop a thief from nabbing it. Other than a chain, any suggestions on how to disable it?
I’m sure any thief can ride it without the battery turned on. A key lockout won’t help. A couple of guys can just carry it away.

Tars Tarkas

It sounds like you think you wouldn't need to secure the bike otherwise if you just had a keyed switch. I have a keyed switch and wouldn't leave my bike alone for 10 seconds without locking it up securely to an immovable object. Cables are easy to cut, so I have an ABUS Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 Folding Lock fpr quick stops and a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain I use additionally for longer stops, or separately in some situations. Plus I have a short light cable to secure the seat to one of those locks.

Even if you had a keyed switch, without locking your bike securely to something, it could be in the back of someone's van in less then 10 seconds.

I think it's worth repeating that cables are notoriously easy to cut. A heavy U-Lock can be very good.

TT