Stromer ST2 Boost Mode Code

Airliner787

I noticed a posting on ST1 codes and wondering if anyone knows how to increase the top speed for ST2 boost mode. How do you eneter codes?
I noticed my dealer had to squueze right hand brake once and do a few other things to get the day time running light to come on when bike is powered up.

Cory151

Interesting, I would like to know this as well. My daytime running light doesnt work during the day either.

Id love to get a code sheet like we have on the ST1

Cory151

Ok just got off the phone with BMC/Stromer USA. Amazingliy helpful people and even called me back to make sure it worked. There are no "codes" like there was for the ST1, instead there is a seperate "secret menu."

To access the secret menu and fix your daytime running light:

Hit Menu>
Hold right brake lever while pressing SETTINGS>
select DL AUTO NOM.

Cory151

Also I asked if there was an option to turn the Boost assist up to at least 20 mph? The individual basically said they were not allowed to provide me with that information, however he said that it may be possible to find such information if I understood German.
I get it, theyve got rules and stuff. Perhaps we need to scower those German Stromer Forums.

Operator7

Excellent stuff Cory!!!!

I mean, I realize we want to exercise discretion, but I think responsible bike riders would also like to be able to get a little higher speed, just like responsible car drivers wanted to drive a little higher than 55mph. I've got one more week of school, and then I'll be able to have a free minute in my life again, to maybe try to find something.

bluecat

The individual basically said they were not allowed to provide me with that information, however he said that it may be possible to find such information if I understood German.

Hmm, higher speed on ST2 BOOST mode? Never heard. If the ST2 would be a electric motorcycle, 45km/h might be possible.

Regarding Tagfahrlicht: A friend of mine has posted this screenshot:

One question left: Is the Tagfahrlicht also dimmed in the US, when the headlight is on?

Cory151

Glad to see some interest in this. Bluecat, do you speak German? I've been on the German Stromer Forum, but Google translate doesn't always make sense in what I'm reading.

Ravi Kempaiah

Stromer USA were very helpful and once I had to reset the Torque sensor in a similar fashion.
Also, I have stopped carrying spare batteries for my phone since I can easily charge it off the bike :)

spencer.justin

Seriously? We have not found a good way to translate the german forum to get this info and possible more bits of juicy knowledge?
I am going to have to jump on solving this problem, lol.
I will let you guys know my progress.

fxr3

Who ever finds that magic code might think twice before blabbing it to the forum, as you've been trusted with inside info, and insider may get in trouble, changing your relationship from friend to foe. Lots of you owners are likely smart and patient enough to find it with no help. Thats the bomb!

Airliner787

These bikes are not rented and I paid alot if money for the ST2. I own everything on it and like a car, have the right to change or adjust any setting. We don't need permission from the manufacturer. I'm sure many have changed their phone settings without getting permission from apple. Point is, do not tell people what they should or should not do with their own property. If someone chooses to make an adjustment, it's their decision and they are aware of any warranty implications. Regards.

Cory151

These bikes are not rented and I paid alot if money for the ST2. I own everything on it and like a car, have the right to change or adjust any setting. We don't need permission from the manufacturer. I'm sure many have changed their phone settings without getting permission from apple. Point is, do not tell people what they should or should not do with their own property. If someone chooses to make an adjustment, it's their decision and they are aware of any warranty implications. Regards.

Ive not found anything yet as would seem Stromer is pretty tight lipped about it.

fxr3

After my first real test ride on new st2, I really would like 20mph boost available.
My st1, after jail breaking the boost code, was/is awesome. I pedal along at 20mph until I need a break, then boost for about a minute at 20mph, then pedal some more.
My new st2 pedals along at 25mph, but when I need that little rest, I just coast, and it scrubs off speed in a hurry. For now, shorter rests and just keep pedaling for me.
Nobody promised me a high speed boost on either purchase, but I do know on my st1, there seems to be no negative mechanical issues. The bike acts like it would boost at 20 all day.........
Prolly better for me anyway without boost.

Rincon

My new st2 pedals along at 25mph, but when I need that little rest, I just coast, and it scrubs off speed in a hurry.
On the ST2 just hold the + button down for two seconds and it will speed you along at 20 mph for as long as you hold the button down.

opimax

maybe KPH not mph, 12mph is about where mine is...more power to you if it goes to 20mph

Last edited:

Rincon

maybe KPH not mph, 12mph is about where mine is...more power to you if it goes to 20mph
You're right. Twelve mph is the limit. I just tried it.

The manual is a bit confused. Under the discussion of the boost [+] key it shows an image of the speedometer at 38 kmh, about 23 mph. The text says "20 km/h or 12 km/h", which is also confusing.

Boost mode / Driving speed switch

The Stromer provides you with full support at the press of a button. The boost mode accelerates you up to 20 km/h or 12 km/h even without pedaling. Activate boost mode by keeping the plus button on the handlebar pressed. The boost mode is ac- tivated after 2 seconds. The touch screen shows BOOST.

As soon as you release the plus-key, the boost mode will be deactivated.