- Silicon Valley
LMX has a new electric bicycle to offer, but this isn’t a typical e-bike. Not only is the LMX 64H a light off-road electric motorcycle, it’s even street legal in Europe. LMX unveils its new LMX 64H LMX is a French electric bicycle and motorcycle company. The company has now unveiled its latest...
LMX unveils its new LMX 64H
- LMX is a French electric bicycle and motorcycle company.
- The company has now unveiled its latest product: a homologated version of its LMX 64 known as the LMX 64H.
- The bike uses an electric mountain bike geometry but offers two parallel drivetrains.
- On the right side of the bike is a typical bicycle drivetrain with bicycle cranks, chain, and gearset.
- But on the left side is a second, larger drivetrain that uses a 2.5 kW peak electric motor to drive a giant 100-tooth rear sprocket dedicated to the motorized drive.
- The patented setup provides 200 Nm (147 lb-ft) of torque at the rear wheel using a chain originally designed for high power racing go-karts.