Thinking strongly about ordering the CCX

Cassidy

I just got my CCX yesterday. I am still getting it sorted as I got it late last night. I will post my impressions but a few things bug me. (former CCS owner). I'll reserve judgement until i get it dialed in, then report back.

Andy
Andy please keep us updated ...Juiced released their new CCS today I just ordered it

hurricane56

Perhaps you need to change the chain sooner?. My experience is that when wait too long on a chain change, the elongated chain wrecks the cassette and chainrings. That being said, I replace everything every other chain.

Pardon me if your aware of this, just wanted to mention it.

On my acoustic MTB, I change the chain every season which is probably 1500 miles. On my mid-drive MTB ebike, I plan on 1000 miles. Ideally you change the chain when it stretches too much but my use has encompassed 20 years and has been consistent so the miles ridden works good enough

I agree on the CCX being a great commuter(possibly the best for the price), my mid-drive MTB ebike is used more for hilly offroad than commuting although I do run it on alot of hilly bike paths. If I was to buy a bike for commuting, the CCX would be the first on the list although I would drop the chainring down to a 42T due to all the hills where I live. I keep on trying to convince myself I need one:)
That's a good point, the drive train wear does get a lot worse with a stretched chain. I'm pretty diligent about keeping up with maintenance as my bike is my car replacement and I'm usually checking the chain length at least once a month.

An interesting data point is that my friend who has the same Bosch powered Haibike Trekking S, but just a few years newer with the 11-speed system instead of 10-speed is at about 5000 miles on the original chain. He rides the same route all in Turbo mode. I just did a big maintenance on his bike and I think he could get about another 1000 miles from his chain. It wasn't even well maintained or cleaned since new.

fooferdoggie

An interesting data point is that my friend who has the same Bosch powered Haibike Trekking S, but just a few years newer with the 11-speed system instead of 10-speed is at about 5000 miles on the original chain. He rides the same route all in Turbo mode. I just did a big maintenance on his bike and I think he could get about another 1000 miles from his chain. It wasn't even well maintained or cleaned since new.
man I wish I have the bosch speed and mostly ride in turbo and its 10 spweed. I got about 1200 miles out of the first chain. I clained and lubed it every week though lots of rain in that time.

bikerjohn

Interesting, Nice saddle by the way.
That's a Brooks B-17 special edition. After about 22,000 miles the rails snapped back in the Fall of 2018. It is now on its second set of rails -with more than 24,000 miles of use. That honey brown leather loves an occasional dose of coconut oil.
Here are a couple of images photographed before I sent it in to get repaired.

Attachments

Last edited: