Thomas Jaszewski

Thomas Jaszewski

A retired horticulturalist who lost the ability to ride under my own power. In 1971 I rode a Schwinn Paramount and swore I'd never own a car. Affluence later in life changed that, but I always had an above average bicycle. Medically retired I discovered eBikes and the passion for the final decades set in. I like all thongs eBike. Yes, I said it. ALL things. Save stupidity and the latest rush to build bikes faster than the brake systems can cope. I've answered thousands of customer service requests in my time as a customer service online agent and managed to learn a bit. Although fairly mid drive centric. But I have one of each kind of drive system in the little collection of builds by me. No budget for a ready built high end eBike, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate them. My newest focus is on batteries repair and building. NO LiPo! 18650 stuff. My favorite Sunday ride is still one of my two BBS01's followed by a BBSHD (2), but still have a favored place for my front wheel MXUS hub on a Trek Pure Flat Foot frame.

I'm happy to help anyone I can. I still ask for help and have a lot to learn. Knowing it all is synonymous with a dirt nap. No hurry here.

2-BBS01, 1-BBS02, 2-BBSHD, 1-MXUS 1000W DD, 1-MXUS 250GD
22p 11Ah, 2-29e 13.5, PF 20Ah, 26f 20Ah, NCRB 13.5. GA 10Ah, HG2 not finished. PF 48V 13.5 in progress
2-KHS Smoothies
1-Trek Pure
1-Townie
1- Generic Fatty
1- 1973 Schwinn step through

Left out a couple of projects...

6 minutes you'll never get back. (Link Removed - No Longer Exists).youtube.com/watch?v=MiAFrSEryek

Chris Nolte

Pretty cool Tom! I used to manage a garden center before I got into the ebike biz. I'll have a new appreciation for the plants at Mirage next time in Vegas. Do you live in Vegas btw?

Thomas Jaszewski

Pretty cool Tom! I used to manage a garden center before I got into the ebike biz. I'll have a new appreciation for the plants at Mirage next time in Vegas. Do you live in Vegas btw?
Nope retired in 2007. When Wynn sold everything changed. MGM went uber cheap. No more rare plants and travel to collect cool stuff. Now just Home Depot quality greenery. I can hardly stand to look at pictures...
I retied to tropical SE corner of MN.
THANKS!

Thomas Jaszewski

That's sad. Well I hope you haven't lost your enjoyment of plants :)
No not at all, but I admit to looking forward to winter and a 5 moth break from yard work. I bought a little house with nothing planted in 2007 and it's already a jungle for half the year.
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.31.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 3.31.22 PM.png

Thomas Jaszewski

Thanks Ann for the kind words. They really dressed it up for the sale with the two pots. Haha!
It's my wall keeping out the street view and resting my jungle of birds, squirrels and rabbits. Bing on one of the worlds largest migratory pathway for birds, the Mississippi I can dream any type eBikes and have an occasional rare sighting. My other passion is evcouraging folks to plant trees and help clear the air. If I can ever be of any help, I became somewhat of an expert in least toxic garden pest control.

All the best and thanks for a great site and well managed moderating. I have much to learn about OEM bikes. I'm anxious to hear and read how Bafang's competing motor compares to Bosch and Yamaha. I think I'd like a bike like Justin Elmore's Brampton setup. Next move will be assisted living or small apartment. No room for the hoard. It was great fun but time is catching up and scaling back will be front and center. I haven't seen any small built in mid drive frames. BUT some of the latest hub drives and sine wave controllers are interesting. Sadly resale prices on kit builds is abysmal. Often with good reason.

I'm going to search around here a bit and see what your ride and interest is. If you have a moment, share? Unisex frames are now important to me as well.

All the best,

Tom

Last edited: